• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

jcas0167

International Debutant
Interesting that Canterbury are playing 2 debutante. Jacibs and Paul. Both in/around the U19s squads for upcoming WC.
I see Cameron Paul got three wickets. Looking him up he's vice-captain of the under 19 side, doesn't turn 19 till end of December. Seems highly promising.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Milne's 5-fer isn't quite the flurry of caught behinds and vicious inswingers you'd hope for looking at the figures - all dirty wickets.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Some pretty close finishes in the T20 A games at Owen Delaney Park. The only clear cut one looks to be Otago heading to a comfortable win over Auckland.

Update: CD snuck home with Findlay picking up a hatrick, ending with 5 for 15.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
The A sides look pretty strong in this tournament. Performers on the first day:
  • Jakob Bhula
  • Jake Gibson
  • Zac Cumming (9 wickets including a 6-fer in 2 games)
  • Matt Hay

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
The good news with the A games today is re-appearance of Joey Field.

He only bowled 5 overs (according to the scorecard) in Provincial A 3-day game a week or so ago, so assumed he may have broken down.

ataraxia

International Coach
Wellington's pace quartet is even better today than the first Ford Trophy game: Smith–van Beek–Milne–Sears. Wonder how we'll contrive to lose this one.

Cants still plagued with injuries, but Shipley back for Canterbury A today.

They continue to tease us with McKenzie and White 12th men again.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Canterbury off to a flyer. I had a quick look at some of the 6's and very quickly realised they were playing at Pukekura.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Hunter out first ball. I wouldn't otherwise think it's notable but I don't think before this I've ever seen a batsman do a bat 'tap' after the ball has been delivered. Looked like a right mess.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hunter out first ball. I wouldn't otherwise think it's notable but I don't think before this I've ever seen a batsman do a bat 'tap' after the ball has been delivered. Looked like a right mess.
Ha wow, never seen this. Looked like a nervous tick