• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

OnTheBank

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Michael Rae moving on from Otago and will be available for Canterbury this upcoming season.

He has been a very good contributor, and will be sad to see him go.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm presuming next summer's fixtures won't be too far away now. I'm all ready for the annual tradition of being disappointed by the lack of games at Cobham.

ataraxia

International Coach
Wow, took just a few balls to see the Australian commentators are absolutely terrible. Likely an improvement over the WTC final lot tho

ataraxia

International Coach
After a season's break due to the loss of Sir Will William Williams, Canterbury pace attack about to become meme deep once more.

Jamieson
Henry
O'Rourke
Rae
Sheat
Nuttall
McKenzie
Davey

Shipley
Foulkes
Mitchell

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Emotional rollercoaster day for SteveHQ...seeing KJ go hurts, but Finn returning softens the blow. If I was a first class team GM I'd be demanding the Ship find a place in Ponsonby to truly make me feel like we've won in the trade period.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think his yippy underperformance and general detrimental effect to the Otago team balance quite harmed them last season, but still a shame to see him go. More opportunities for Lockrose and their part-timers though: good to see. Even more youth-oriented, the side; even more Rutherford–Duffy dependent with the losses of Rae and Finnie too.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
The second half of Plunket Shield was really sad to see, especially after doing well in the first half (at least among the spinners).

I hope he finds something extra in the move. I really like him, though that's mostly because I have a soft spot for LAWS. I was a left arm wrist spinner when I was younger, well, a leg spinner who gave left arm a go & preferred using my left arm.
Not that I was much good.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Question from England (started following NZ domestic cricket on YouTube in recent years): Why do players generally move teams in NZ? Are some teams in a position to pay more than others? I do not know how the financial model works for NZ domestic cricket.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not obviously for money reasons. Often for a different opportunity or because they want to live cities for family reasons. Subsequently, they might move back to their original team once they’ve forged a reputation.