• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

jcas0167

International Debutant
I wonder what has happened to C Paul? The only players of the U19s with senior provincial match experience. Playing neither Ford Trophy nor the U19 tournament.
From the squad announcement:

"All-rounder Cam Paul, who was in the squad that qualified in Darwin and had already featured for Canterbury in the Ford Trophy, was ruled out with a dislocated shoulder."

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
The Auckland Cricket decision to move 3 of their SS home game days inside Eden Park is a bit curious.

Before the schedule came out, I thought there would be at least one game inside, but that was mainly to use the lights & get some games during primetime (something they are doing at McLean Park). I don't know if it's AC trying to drag their feet on any moves concerning Colin Maiden or whatever, I just found it a bit curious. If only enough people showed up that the crowd inside Eden Park didn't look so sad.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

What a weird place to take a photo.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

What a weird place to take a photo.
That's the farm land behind Cornwall Park, below One (none) Tree Hill I reckon...but your point is very fair.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Gillette Cup week with one game shown on YouTube. Last year Abbas dominated and is now an NZA player. Not sure if there is anyone in that league.

Auckland A playing a NZ Development XI. It seems NZC are doing a good job arranging these games for guys on the fringe of selection. I see that the number 4 for the development side is a 23 yr old who played first class cricket in South Africa before moving to NZ a few years ago @Kippax. A glowing write up from his school performances.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
S. Dixiit of Auckland A has had an interesting little career (and name). Playing primarily as a bowler, he's done nothing of note yet in that department. But, from #8 both times, he scored 77* (78) earlier this season in a three-day game and now in a one-dayer, 117* (84) including an 88-run 10th-wicket partnership with U19 spinner Hekmat. Incidentally, Hekmat's contribution was 1 (9). Based on these two knocks, in the two innings CricketArchive recognises him as having played, I think Dixiit may be due a promotion in the batting order.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I see Hekmat ended up collecting 4 wickets after the NZ development openers Cumming and Sunde got their chase off to a solid start. He bowls leg spin and is in the under 19 World Cup squad. NZ's spin stocks are looking pretty good.

ataraxia

International Coach
First Super Smash game today. Auckland 185–5; 47 for Guptill and 54* for RR O'Donnell.

WT O'Donnell has avenged his non-selection by scoring 191* for Auckland A. Dixiit doesn't get a chance to bat, thanks to that.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting story by Richardson about a Plunket Shield game on the outer oval having gold coin beers and subsequently being the best atmosphere at a domestic game he ever played in lol. Wonder how far back that was!
**** I remember that...around 2002 I reckon. Hot dogs were a dollar too.

Isn't it a massive indictment on society that we couldn't have that now, even for one day a season. ****, my old man used to take a chilly bin of 12 swappa bottles to an international game, on a grass bank/terraces and no one blinked...now I gotta pay $12 for a Pals in a fully seated heartless stadia