• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not getting the horn...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I find it very weird. Are people really sitting there and just blowing the horn non-stop? Amazing.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Surely there must be some way of getting them banned on health and safety grounds? That sort of level is dangerous.
Yeah was thinking about this today. Probably they are so loud that they have deafened the people who blow them and that's why they can't hear how dire they sound.

Sir Alex

Banned
The exposure is roughly similar to attending a symphony.. or worse than a rock concert.

FTR, decibel levels in the English premier league record 102 dB.

For the TV watchers, there is the simple way out, turn off the volume.

But yes, pity the crowds when they have to sit through this noise. It isn't one iota musical, unless constant notes qualify as such.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha, I must be alone in not being particularly bothered about them. I'm by no means a fan, but I'd rather listen to them than the majority of dross, cliches and narrative we get served dressed up as "commentary".
Agree with this. Don't even notice them, too busy actually concentrating on the game etc.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What sort of a clown goes to a sporting event and just blows a horn? How does someone with over two brain cells get enjoyment out of that? Culture or not, it's just ridiculous. Just sit down and watch the game, muppets.
I tend to agree. The noise is ridiculous and to those that say it 'adds to the atmosphere', you must be joking. On another note, its even poorer that those creating the noise aren't even stopping during the playing of the national anthems.

Its a shame there are no members from the Waikato of New Zealand to comment on the vuvuzelas with regard to their cowbells at Chiefs and Waikato matches...

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I tend to agree. The noise is ridiculous and to those that say it 'adds to the atmosphere', you must be joking. On another note, its even poorer that those creating the noise aren't even stopping during the playing of the national anthems.

Its a shame there are no members from the Waikato of New Zealand to comment on the vuvuzelas with regard to their cowbells at Chiefs and Waikato matches...
They are ****ing the worst things. Don't watch rugby in Hamilton anymore.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must say it's like watching with a giant mozzie buzzing in your ear.

And it obviously distracted our lads this morning :ph34r:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say it's like watching with a giant mozzie buzzing in your ear.

And it obviously distracted our lads this morning :ph34r:
:laugh:

I think it should've been obvious to everyone that our defense kept stopping because they thought there was a train coming. Should be a national inquiry I think.

shivfan

Banned
Agreed, they are so ****ing annoying. Just drown out any atmosphere that would otherwise be there. Ban them IMO.
On the contrary, I quite like them, and I hope FIFA have the balls to stand up to all those Europeans who are calling for them to be banned....

shivfan

Banned
What sort of a clown goes to a sporting event and just blows a horn? How does someone with over two brain cells get enjoyment out of that? Culture or not, it's just ridiculous. Just sit down and watch the game, muppets.
I would rather listen to a Saffer fan blowing a vuvuzela than hear a group of Chelsea fans spew out anti-Semitic filth in the form of a football chant at a crowd of Tottenham supporters....