• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Lord's Test for the Windies in 2012

Howe_zat

Audio File
Surely that was influenced by the heavy amounts of rain though
Yeah, but that's something Cardiff always has to deal with. No one is surprised when it rains there. I have very little love for Sophia Gardens as a ground and its location does work against it.

I am rather annoyed by the MCC constantly getting their way because they have the cash, because they constantly get their own way.

Conversely, Lancashire and Yorkshire are facing a financial ****storm, because they can't get high-profile Tests, because they're facing a financial ****storm. Meanwhile, the ECB is off trying to bring the game into a country that barely registers its existance.

Bun

Banned
also learnt only 2 tests for nzl tour of aus.

is india the only team which plays 3 tests with nzl?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I smell a rat in that story. Because of the Olympics being in London, we'll get less cricket next year despite 2 of the 3 proposed Tests being in London?
Maybe they don't want to play too many (or any?) tests during the olympics, the crowds and viewing figures would be massively down and they may lose a lot of money.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bun, what you say about there being no UDRS till recently is of course correct.

However, when things advance, we then hold higher standards. This is the case in all walks of life.

I'm learning to drive soon. Once I pass my test, I will be driving to work. Should I mistime my drive one day and arrive late, how do you think my boss would feel if my excuse was, "well don't forget that a few months ago I was getting the train and they were unreliable all the time!"

UDRS is there now. Talking about the time before it is not a relevant argument. Prior to technology, an umpire howler was one of those things. It was annoying enough when the technology was there and we weren't using it. But the fact that the technology is in use but the ****iest board in cricket refuse to sanction it ruins the game. Surely we all want the players deciding the outcome?
How can you be in your mid-20s and not know how to drive?

WAC.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I was working in Cardiff during the SL test match and came across very few people who even knew it was going on in their city. Those who did were very negative about it.. Cricket culturally is seen as an English game and more was said about the rugby match against the Barbarians.. Apparently the vast majority of spectators travelled from the south of England anyway, begging the question as to why it wasn't there in the first place..

Unless Cardiff is offering something which the remianing stadia do not, then why do they have the right to host these matches? Poor crowds when anyone apart from Australia play should signal a move back up to Headingley and Old Trafford, but I bet it won't..

As for the West Indies, they don't have a divine right to play at Lord's, but I think Lord's does a good enough job to have a divine right to host..

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Sorry to resurrect this thread but the Cardiff test has just been put back out to tender. As Glamorgan have failed to pay their bills for the Sri Lanka test.

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I went to Cardiff for Day 1 of this year's test, and despite the dreadful weather and poor turnout I did enjoy it. When you've got other grounds that sell a heck of a lot more tickets though then cardiff doesn't deserve a test match, and that's a pretty damaging loss from the test match. Interesting to note that they've practically sold out the India ODI, maybe they should primarily be a one day venue for the time being?

I don't know whether unfair is the right word, but I think it is a bit unfair that 50% of the test matches will be played in London, when there's plenty of other fanatstic stadiums out there. I might be wrong but don't the ECB encourage teams to spend all this money on developing their stadiums to host international cricket?

Anyway, I wanted to ask if the venues for the hectic summer next year have been announced?
The 3 tests, 3 ODIs and T20 vs West Indies, the 5 ODIs vs Australia and the 3 Tests, 5 ODIs and 3 T20s vs South Africa?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I looked at our schedule for the next 8 years today. Oz here in 2013 and 2015, India here 2014, 2016 and 2018, one or two of those India series is five Tests

Frothin' at all the infraction points I'll be racking up