• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next teams to gain Test status

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
I'm Welsh and I'm a cricket fan.
My Grandad has been a Glamorgan member for 58 years.
The Board was renamed the England And Wales Cricket Board for a reason.
So that's a "no" to the chance to support Wales then? ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Richard's motivated by practicality, surely you know that?

Now ask yourself the question again and you'll get the same answer :

"Depends how pretty the sheep are."

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:
That would happen in my most countries and is a good way of promoting it.

If the Italian Cricket Board want a way to promote cricket, go and talk to Christian Vieri, Vieri has said he is a cricket fan and would give away football to play cricket for a similar amount of money (however, nobody could remotely afford to give him the sort of money Moratti gives him each week), so there would be a start IMO.
If they could snag him for a promotion then they'd be in business!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Richard's motivated by practicality, surely you know that?

Now ask yourself the question again and you'll get the same answer :

"Depends how pretty the sheep are."
I'd expect better of you than that old ****e.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I do support Wales - so does everyone else - every time they support England. Because though they are called England they actually reprisent The England And Wales Cricket Board.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Richard said:
I do support Wales - so does everyone else - every time they support England. Because though they are called England they actually reprisent The England And Wales Cricket Board.
You aren't annoyed with that bit of English cultural imperialism then? :-O

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
I'm Welsh and I'm a cricket fan.
My Grandad has been a Glamorgan member for 58 years.
The Board was renamed the England And Wales Cricket Board for a reason.
How come you support Yorkshire then?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And as I've mentioned several times, I do so because my Grandma is from Wigan, my Grandad (who died before I was born) worked at Old Trafford and my Dad supported them all his life, as a tribute to his father who died - in a car crash - when he was 14. Before, that is, we moved to Morpeth and Dad turned from the team he'd supported for 30 years to support a team based in the city in which he worked for 6.
So don't tell me I've no right to support Man U, especially given that my first proper season of watching closely was 1991\92 - curiously enough just before the long run of success.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Not to mention Croftey and the rest...
The Board is The England And Wales Cricket Board and that, IMO, is right - England and Wales are a plural entity and should stay that way with regards cricket.
simon Jones is another one

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
China are pumping government money in its direction... you've seen what they've done with every other sport imaginable at Athens. Cricket, it seems, is next.

And yes, it's Tanzania (formed by the union of Tanganyika and the island of Zanzibar in the 60s/70s... 1968 I think) on the East Coast of Africa, and I believe they constituted part of the East and Central Africa side at the 1975 World Cup.

And the second tier is basically (approximated order): Kenya, Namibia, Holland, USA, Ireland, Canada, Scotland, Nepal, Uganda and Denmark.
i am originally from Uganda and i left the country about 3 years ago. One of my cousins (is about 22 now and suppossedly bowls 140+ Kph) was supposed to be the future star but he also left the country and moved to Canada for greener pastures. The cupboard is really bare and i don't see any stars coming through. The school i used to go to (was called Mwiri) was one of the best schools in East Africa and one of the Burger brothers from Namibia finished a year before i joined.

i am really shocked that someone has mentioned my birth country on this thread as a possible 2nd tier country. i think we could give Kenya a good run for their money in an ODi,but not in a first class match. when i left, i don't remember there being a First-Class league so we are definitely not ready for 2nd tier test matches. i don't know exactly how ar they have developed by now, but i recently read that they are now starting to use treated pitches so there must be some improvement.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Wow i am wrong. apparently Uganda are going to be playing 3-day tournament cricket against Kenya and Namibia. Wow Decent keep going lads.

Last edited:

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We don't need any new test playing nation's games like australia vrs usa discourage people from watching cricket. Knowone likes to watch complete one sided affair's. Mind you the way the icc is run we will have about 15 sub standard test teams by 2010.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
got to agree, though something like the intercontiential throphy is very good.
the two tier system...i can only agree with