• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The likes of Afridi and Akhtar are dorks if you've ever seen them in interviews, even ones in Urdu/Hindi. Fine cricketers but awkward dorks still, prone to talking before thinking. Speaks to a lack of education and unworldliness in general. Hafeez I thought would be a little more measured but eh. I won't be surprised if people like he and Azam are almost preempted into making those kind of statements despite themselves. If you're a public figure in that country you have to gather credit with the reactive faction because at the end of the day it can do rather more than just posting snarky comments on the internet.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Daren "For Hire" Sammy reckons Pakistan has been safe for years.

I also feel safe walking into a bar. But when a guy leans in my ear and says he has a bag full of AKs and Uzis and a **** harder than sledger's, I get out of that bar pretty briskly.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I guess everyone's moving on now from this. What a topic I created, my first ever one.

This could resurface if England now refuse to tour. Looking back it was quite dramatic, the pre-game analysis was going on with the hosts not even knowing there were no players on the ground. An hour into it I saw on twitter people saying the game is not starting because players were at the prayers then 3 cases of covid and then the security update. That was some dramatic turn of events.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's been said before, but I feel like England's players would be watching on as much with the condemnation of NZ's decision as much as the supposed security breach and feeling pretty uneasy about it all.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daren "For Hire" Sammy reckons Pakistan has been safe for years.

I also feel safe walking into a bar. But when a guy leans in my ear and says he has a bag full of AKs and Uzis and a **** harder than sledger's, I get out of that bar pretty briskly.
With said guy presumably

Burgey

Not for me to speculate why they left. I am saying a nuke option like this cannot be whimsical like it has been from NZ.
Why do you think they left then, if not because of the threat? I mean, Pakistan isn't exactly the Bora Bora of international cricket destinations, let's be honest, but are you suggesting they just didn't like it there and left?

Burgey

Drawing comparisons between a military outfit with a mandate to pretty much always be in ****ed up situations vs a cricket team. Seen it all.
Why does this surprise you? It was literally used against sides who didn't go to SL as long ago as during the 1996 WC.