• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the main argument re: England's pullout

"We helped them during COVID last year, this bs. we must boycott the ICC and refuse payouts, only beggars take money from snakes"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, if the threat was very specifically at a NZ player or players, I can see England still going ahead with the tour. Like others pointed out in the thread, its the childish reaction of PCB that is gonna make them second guess.
Ping @poorlyagedthings

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tons of similar posts along the lines of “We went to NZ during covid and put up with their disrespect to our players” (i.e. their failure to follow covid protocols which endangered the lives of thousands of NZers and the freedoms of millions).

Teja.

Global Moderator
Meh, the Pakistani posters here have been more than gracious. We don’t drag in en masse the views of random ICFers or NZ talksport callers or Bigfooty posters to bash here in similar situations.

Considering that, It’s enough to criticise the stupid statements of the PCB and Pakistan players without searching for the views of the most toxic one-eyed internet fans and sticking in the boot to Pakistani fans IMO.

Also suggest that we empathise with the Pakistani fans on CW (and in general) a bit IMO who are not to blame at all for this as much as you and I and for whom this news absolutely ****ing sucks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yes absolutely. Even on PP you can find quite a few posters who are taking a more mature attitude to what’s happened (who sadly are coping a fair amount of stick for it).

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Meh, the Pakistani posters here have been more than gracious. We don’t drag in en masse the views of random ICFers or NZ talksport callers or Bigfooty posters to bash here in similar situations.

Considering that, It’s enough to criticise the stupid statements of the PCB and Pakistan players without searching for the views of the most toxic one-eyed internet fans and sticking in the boot to Pakistani fans IMO.

Also suggest that we empathise with the Pakistani fans on CW (and in general) a bit IMO who are not to blame at all for this as much as you and I and for whom this news absolutely ****ing sucks.
Fair enough, mea culpa. The Pak fans on CW are good people. Taking down the post.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
There have definitely been some Nounemon tier lol/face palm posts. My personal favourite so far responding to an NZ poster defending the decision and lamenting the response of Pakistan fans:

"If you have soft bullocks then we can't do anything to help you."

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Internet posters will be internet posters, no need to expect decorum across the board there.

But in regards to the Pakistan Cricket Board chairman, no less, just absolutely outrageous. I can't get over how reckless and idiotic his comments have been. Cricinfo are being very naughty as well, citing COVID bubble fatigue as one of the reasons, which is not actually true at all.

Teja.

Global Moderator
So folks like sledger can get away with racist posts by just "redacting" them and getting no bans.

Maybe we can hear more about "savages" from him.
We acknowledge the multiple reports and the post is under review in the mod forum. Let’s move on in the thread please.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So folks like sledger can get away with racist posts by just "redacting" them and getting no bans.

Maybe we can hear more about "savages" from him.
Perhaps he just realized his error and redacted accordingly.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is not cricket at all, this is racism in it's new form. My wholehearted support for PAK cricket and people - there has to be an end of this farce. All that was achieved in 12 years had been blown away in 12 hours and I must say - it was well planed, and well executed as well. And, it's unfortunate that in these difficult times, there are people who are trying to earn their two minutes glory - guys we have differences, we have egos, we have emotions and we have memories ... but above all we are cricket fans and we are human - let's be with the suffering team, the fans, the board and the nation. May be we can't change the plot or proceedings, but that shouldn't get better of our good judgment, neither should it stop us from calling a spade is a spade.

New Zeeland is a small fly in this plot, but what ECB did today was ultimate punch below the belt. They cancelled a tour for less than 48 hours for two useless games, which are not even proper cricket, in a place where their Royals visited and funny enough played cricket just about a year back, but in the process they have buried everything that PCB earned over last 12 years. On top of that, I read they proposed an alternative venue, as if the purpose was to showcase the T20 skills and people of Pakistan were hankering for it. We can try to justify the call, but deep inside everyone knows, it was a back-stab, done deliberately to make things worse. I have read many theories in this regard and I know that SRL team was shot on PAK soil - but that was 12 years back, the situation was different, so were the scales.... we can't hang a dead body time and again for one crime and go in circles. Life has to go on - it didn't stop after Christchurch shooting or London bombing, why it has to be different every time for PAK?