• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricinfo Design

bagapath

International Captain
actually like it quite a bit.

disappointed the archives aren't updated to the new style. that's where i like to spend more time and they still have the verison 1 scorecard in some places. have to update them soon.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't mind it aesthetically but the live scoring is terrible in IE. I'll give it a go in Firefox.

EDIT: No better.

Smith

Banned
I used to eat and sleep on cricinfo. Not anymore, guess like all good things, it too was too good to last.

ESPN star sold out cricinfo's soul to the devil called T20.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
They need to get the score-card feature back where you could see, the player record & current spell.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Been playing around a bit more and I do like the little feature on the scorecards where you can get the commentary for each batsman's dismissal. Much more convenient.

Struggling to get domestic archive scorecards direct through the country page as well. For example, if I want to find the scores for Bangladesh's NCL from last season, I can't get it via the Bangladesh page.
Yes this a problem for all the teams ATM...

FBU

International Debutant
I am finding it hard going when searching for a player. For instance looking for a player whose surname begins with a H I have to go through 50 or more pages when all the players used to be on one page.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
That came out of nowhere. I'm not sure why it was necessary. What was wrong with the old design we all knew and love? I'm sure we'll all get used to it but for now, it's cluttered and all over the place.

Smith

Banned
I am finding it hard going when searching for a player. For instance looking for a player whose surname begins with a H I have to go through 50 or more pages when all the players used to be on one page.
Search in cricinfo is virtually useless. Go to google and just type the surname of the player with cricinfo, like "Sarwan cricinfo" and you'll get the direct link there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't like the new design. Like SilentStriker, was really used to the old one. Used to love it.

bagapath

International Captain
did you guys try the statsguru? seems to be a big issue in setting minimum criteria for generating lists

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Cricinfo will not be the same CRICINFO............All lost with this new design

I will try to find other cricket sites to follow cricket......

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still hate it:@

Seems odd that they've started this up just before the twenty/20 World Cup, when there's bound to be plenty of traffic, should of chose a quieter time to get over the inevitable glitches.

Using the bbc one mainly ATM, can get all the innings of one match on one page. Seems a good idea to me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah still big issues with the scorecards (not being updated etc) and hate that it keeps opening new tabs when i don't want it to

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea, if I really wanted to open a new tab I just use the middle mouse button. Don't need Cricinfo doing it for me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The player profiles have reduced significantly from the articles. Earlier, there were always player profiles to refer to. So this article would have contained a profile of Eoin Morgan for instance at the top right hand corner. We only find the profile of Kevin Pieterson linked to.

The live score cards don't have career stats on dislplay any more which I thought was a nice addition earlier on.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They didn't cover Australia - NZL in their front page while they covered England-Scotland. Didn't find Australia-NZL after I clicked on the T20 series either. One would be forgiven to think that the match never occured. Had to go right into the warm up matches schedule to open the score card and from only there could I go to the bulletin - the report of the game.

World Cricket

Cricket Spectator
CricInfo now has video with cricinfo tv . . . What do people think of that???

And have you see that you get an animated playback of the ball, shot played and result.

I wonder if anyone would use this feature . . .