• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricinfo Design

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
CricInfo now has video with cricinfo tv . . . What do people think of that???

And have you see that you get an animated playback of the ball, shot played and result.

I wonder if anyone would use this feature . . .
That was there before just harder to finf in between all the adverts.

BTW has anyone had a go at statsguru (if its still there)

bagapath

International Captain
i did and the drop down menu for the last but one row that sets different limits for your filters is not activated yet. for example i can no longer generate the list of all batsmen who scored 5000 + runs and averaged over 40.

without that, statsguru is a useless tool. i hope it is just a mistake and they fix it soon.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
it began to grow on me... now if only they would import the Gamecast know-how from the American ESPN site which they use for MLB games, that would make for very nice following of at least the important matches.

P.S. I just wrote to them about it, got a reply which says they have some new features in store to be displayed soon.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
it began to grow on me... now if only they would import the Gamecast know-how from the American ESPN site which they use for MLB games, that would make for very nice following of at least the important matches.
Yeah, that **** is awesome!

Matt79

Global Moderator
did you guys try the statsguru? seems to be a big issue in setting minimum criteria for generating lists
Yeah, I found that the other day... There is a link to the 'original version' of Statsguru that might bring some relief.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I presume that they are having a lot of complaints about the site being slow. I emailed them because I am unable to submit comments since the design was updated, and I got a reply thanking me for my comments about the speed of the site and apologising for the slowness.

Sudeep

International Captain
What's cool is that Google search for "new cricinfo design" leads to this thread as the first result. :)

My views on the design: It looks better, but is more difficult to find things with.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
As with all changes, it will also take getting used to - after that we will be glad thet changed it. That was a medieval one they had before:)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I presume that they are having a lot of complaints about the site being slow. I emailed them because I am unable to submit comments since the design was updated, and I got a reply thanking me for my comments about the speed of the site and apologising for the slowness.
Yep, they keep on saying on Facebook (so what I have Cricinfo as a friend on FB :ph34r:) that they are trying to rectify the speed issue.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So the new design has been going on for a while now, what does everyone think?

I like it for the most part, but don't like how in the main section, the section you read first does not have any information on the current Test match being played!

All 3 sections have Australia vs England topics. Definitely think one of the topics should include Sri Lanka vs New Zealand.

Actually, is this because I'm in Australia, what are the main stories on Cricinfo for those reading in NZ?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mine has NZ v SL as the second headline.

I quite like the front page now. I still don't like the way the stats are laid out on players' profiles though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mine has NZ v SL as the second headline.

I quite like the front page now. I still don't like the way the stats are laid out on players' profiles though.
Ah okay on my screen it is:
1 Australia consider unchanged side
2 Strauss optimistic about Flintoff knee
3 Australia report bookie approach

Then in the more news section it finally has
Samaraweera helps SL finish on 452

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So the new design has been going on for a while now, what does everyone think?
I've learned to tolerate it, and some of the bugs have been ironed-out. Both of which I anticipated - indeed, presumed - would happen.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Actually quite like the new one now, although I'm not a regular StatsGuru user so I can't really comment there. Glad the black box on the homepage has gone. I'm finding I look at feature articles less and less though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Actually quite like the new one now, although I'm not a regular StatsGuru user so I can't really comment there. Glad the black box on the homepage has gone. I'm finding I look at feature articles less and less though.
Why's that, out of interest?