• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nasser Hussain calls Indians donkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
As for this incident it is a lot of hooha about nothing at all.

I heard Nasser Hussain saying it at the time and didn't think much wrong of it at all and still don't think there was much wrong said at all either. He clearly didn't mean it in such a way to be offensive and was right in intention for pointing out some bad fielders in the Indian team. Should take it at face value and move on.

The incident which allegedly happened with Dhoni was much worse and the Michael Vaughan tweet was different to this as it was a type of direct allegation on someone in a sensitive issue. But in this case it is just the Media looking to create a story out of absolutely nothing and bit stupidly if i may add.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I didn't think it was that offensive. However Vaughan is starting to piss me off with all of his comments. He is starting to become a first class troll. Seems like a bitter man that he himself didn't take England to the number 1 position. It also looks as if Vaughan's greatest achievement post his career has been to tweet.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They mentioned it on SKY yesterday, saying it had been talked about in the Indian Parliament and I couldn't believe what I was hearing, they really can't have anything better to talk about, which is strange for a country of a billion plus people. It appears some people will take offense to anything and everything no matter how it was said and under what circumstances it was.
Don't think it was talked inside Parliament tbf.

The Media which is usually camped outside parliament as it probably had nothing else to talk about that day, put the mics in the faces of some parliamentarians and asked the what they thought about this and specially the ones who have been cricketers.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't think it was that offensive. However Vaughan is starting to piss me off with all of his comments. He is starting to become a first class troll. Seems like a bitter man that he himself didn't take England to the number 1 position. It also looks as if Vaughan's greatest achievement post his career has been to tweet.
He simply is a attention seeking Mong.

It seems he requires twitter to stir up controversies and stay relevant after he retired. Idiot and a high class troll.
Nasser is much better than him,imo.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think it's bitterness. He's just a bit of a knob and he thinks this is the best way to respond to all the vitriol that the English journalists have been getting on Twitter through the series.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, he knew it was deragotary but i don't think he said it or there was any evidence at all to say he said it.
He allegedly said Teri Maa Ki which is a abuse in hindi, which tbh i would find more deragotary than the actual " Monkey " term,which is again where culture's come in.
haha......so agree with you on this

G.I.Joe

International Coach
:laugh: How precious and pathetic are they being over a correct comment. Man up and take it on the chins you fat bunch of slow wheelie bins.
Wow, aren't you all so grown up. Who exactly would you be referring to in your post? Have the Indian team even complained about it?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it's bitterness. He's just a bit of a knob and he thinks this is the best way to respond to all the vitriol that the English journalists have been getting on Twitter through the series.
Don't think English Journalist are getting vitriol specifically?

Every Journalist probably does on twitter. Some of the replies on Harsha Bhogle's twitter by English fans are really offensive and even racist in some cases and there aren't that many active Indians on twitter.

He is just doing it to be a attention seeking Knob and stir controversies to stay relevant.

Bun

Banned
which is why he's a first class troll imho.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

Every Journalist probably does on twitter. Some of the replies on Harsha Bhogle's twitter by English fans are really offensive and even racist in some cases and there aren't that many active Indians on twitter.

He is just doing it to be a attention seeking Knob and stir controversies to stay relevant.
I'm not saying it's just English journalists, just that Agnew for example was saying how awful it's been this summer compared to usual... and he never says a bad word about anyone. I'm absolutely certain there's idiots from both sets of fans, but for some reason England-India seems to bring the worst out in everyone.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Depends how one defines "journalist". If it includes electronic media like television then Shastri's rant about Nasser was the dictionary definition of vitriolic.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, aren't you all so grown up. Who exactly would you be referring to in your post? Have the Indian team even complained about it?
FFS the journalist who wrote the article bitching about it.

About the only thing the Indian team have done right on this tour is say nothing about this incident.

Shows how bad the tour is when the press of the side being hammered have jumped on a remark which is totally correct. India are crap in the field and it shows.

flibbertyjibber

And Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar aren't attention seeking knobs?

Notice they have STFU since their team got thrashed comprehensively.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

About the only thing the Indian team have done right on this tour is say nothing about this incident.

Shows how bad the tour is when the press of the side being hammered have jumped on a remark which is totally correct. India are crap in the field and it shows.
A journalist writes a piece, and you decide to have a go at the Indian team for that? Great going 8-)

Bun

Banned

Lol, unless they somehow kafkaesqueily transformed overnight into donkeys, that statement cannot be qualified as "correct".

You specifically said "you fat bunch of slow wheelie bins." Doubt you were referring to the journalist, whose shape should anyways needn't be an issue here.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Depends how one defines "journalist". If it includes electronic media like television then Shastri's rant about Nasser was the dictionary definition of vitriolic.
True, but an overly smug Geoffrey almost cancels him out.

In anycase some of the things the English media complain about when touring India or used to can be equally ridiculous too,though the Indian media(broad definition) is much less aggresive when it comes to targetting the opposition than the English or Aussie ones who can create a real hostile scenario for Visiting teams. Infact, sometimes i feel the broadcasters down to the larger media are not being hostile enough and going out of their way to be nice to their guests.

It is changing now but generally this was the scenario in the older days where Indian players felt that they were being targetted too much away when they themselves wouldn't do that when others toured. And that is why Indian players who never sledged themselves didn't like being sledged either on away tours. Shastri and Gavaskar generally belong to that generation so they almost have a paranoia with regards to these things plus can be knobs in anycase.
The more current generation(even after the nice guys Sachin,Dravid and Laxman) is lot more agfressive and rather than complaining can give back in the same way they get.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
And Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar aren't attention seeking knobs?

Notice they have STFU since their team got thrashed comprehensively.
Great stuff. Losing a cricket series gives automatically the citizens of other nation to bad mouth and get away with it.

flibbertyjibber

A journalist writes a piece, and you decide to have a go at the Indian team for that? Great going 8-)
Well the team are fat and slow in the field. There is the odd notable exception. This tour has been a total **** up by India so if the fans, player and journalists can't take some criticism after such an inept display then they should STFU. As should you as you are actually trying to defend the indefensible as the players Nasser is criticising let you and your nation down. If you can't see that then WHOOSH.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
True, but an overly smug Geoffrey almost cancels him out.

In anycase some of the things the English media complain about when touring India or used to can be equally ridiculous too,though the Indian media(broad definition) is much less aggresive when it comes to targetting the opposition than the English or Aussie ones who can create a real hostile scenario for Visiting teams. Infact, sometimes i feel the broadcasters down to the larger media are not being hostile enough and going out of their way to be nice to their guests.
Our media's general attitude towards the current tourists is one of disappointment rather than hostility.

In fact it's a trait of ours to see English wins in terms of flaws in the opposition rather than singing our own praises. The Windies and the Aussies continually beat us rotten for years but as soon as we have a modicum of success against either side our cricket media fears for the future of the sport in their respective countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.