• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nasser Hussain calls Indians donkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknife

International Captain
I don't think it's bitterness. He's just a bit of a knob and he thinks this is the best way to respond to all the vitriol that the English journalists have been getting on Twitter through the series.
I had a look on Vaughn's twitter when he was having his spat with Ganguly and at the time the worst he'd said was England was going to win the series 4-0 and the thing about has Vaseline saved VVS. From their he started getting more and more abuse from Indian fans and he started to take the piss with his coments, can't blame him even though he's a bit of a ****.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar aren't attention seeking knobs?
Did i say they weren't? Though there reasons are different to Vaughan's i think.

In anycase what that has to do with Vaughan is beyond me? Am i supposed to mention both of them too when i am talking about Vaughan or a smug Geoffrey Boycott among others to satisfy you?:wacko:

Notice they have STFU since their team got thrashed comprehensively.
Though many times i wish they would have, they really haven't.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our media's general attitude towards the current tourists is one of disappointment rather than hostility.

In fact it's a trait of ours to see English wins in terms of flaws in the opposition rather than singing our own praises. The Windies and the Aussies continually beat us rotten for years but as soon as we have a modicum of success against either side our cricket media fears for the future of the sport in their respective countries.
Yeah all that has really annoyed me. The several articles i read by our papers saying they felt sorry for the Indian team made me want to kick the cat. As if the Indian press would say the same if the roles were reversed and i bet the Aussie press was not very nice during the 5-0 ( I daren't look it up on the net at the time and still can't ) or the West Indies press during the blackwash years.

One thing our press will do though is build our team up a bit before the next series and then crucify them as soon as they lose a match saying they have taken their eye off the ball etc.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Personally I think it is a disgrace.

What have the donkeys done to be compared to such horrible things like Parthiv and Munaf Patel!? :laugh:

Jacknife

International Captain
Our media's general attitude towards the current tourists is one of disappointment rather than hostility.

In fact it's a trait of ours to see English wins in terms of flaws in the opposition rather than singing our own praises. The Windies and the Aussies continually beat us rotten for years but as soon as we have a modicum of success against either side our cricket media fears for the future of the sport in their respective countries.
You can add to that when England have been poor in the past, the English media does a very good job of ripping them to bits. The Aussies have said in the past that once they had won the first test, they could always rely on the English media to finish them off.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Well the team are fat and slow in the field. There is the odd notable exception. This tour has been a total **** up by India so if the fans, player and journalists can't take some criticism after such an inept display then they should STFU. As should you as you are actually trying to defend the indefensible as the players Nasser is criticising let you and your nation down. If you can't see that then WHOOSH.
Are you really so thick that you don't realise your mistake? Or are you just incapable of manning up and admitting it?

Your comment "Man up and take it on the chins you fat bunch of slow wheelie bins." implies that it's the Indian team doing the complaining. Whether or not they deserve the sobriquet is irrelevant to the plain fact that you decided to have a go at a group that haven't been doing the protesting, and therefore are not in need of being accused of not taking it in their stride.

It's time for you to man up.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Are you really so thick that you don't realise your mistake? Or are you just incapable of manning up and admitting it?

Your comment "Man up and take it on the chins you fat bunch of slow wheelie bins." implies that it's the Indian team doing the complaining. Whether or not they deserve the sobriquet is irrelevant to the plain fact that you decided to have a go at a group that haven't been doing the protesting.

It's time for you to man up.
It was a joke FFS. The wheelie bin comment was a joke about our old player Ashley Giles who was poor in the field (apart from at gully) and given the nickname by Henry Blofeld on TMS. The Indian fielders are similarly slow and useless to him. The chins comment was about a few of the players being overweight.

So little boy don't tell me to man up or call me thick. OK

Redbacks

International Captain
The Media which is usually camped outside parliament as it probably had nothing else to talk about that day, put the mics in the faces of some parliamentarians and asked the what they thought about this and specially the ones who have been cricketers.
We have similar things happening in Australia but not related to cricket, termed the 'secondary media' who will see a clip out of context and have a completely different intepretation to the originator. Usually the politician doesn't have the complete background information to provide an informed response but people generally respect authority and give value to the positions they take.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, though the English media can sometimes overdo things too much both in terms of praise and in terms of criticism of the opposition and their own teams.

While the Indian media is largely not bothered about the opposition at all. It will either hail it's team too new heights after a win or criticise it to new lows.

Say if England tour England right now and are comprehensively beaten in 2 tests the Indian media won't go out of their way to find faults in the England team and call them out in aggresive terms when they are touring, label them rubbish,overpaid,incompetent etc... but would rather start singing praises of it's team more than anything else.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
We have similar things happening in Australia but not related to cricket, termed the 'secondary media' who will see a clip out of context and have a completely different intepretation to the originator. Usually the politician doesn't have the complete background information to provide an informed response but people generally respect authority and give value to the positions they take.
So true.

Now if the media goes and asks someone "What do you think of Nasser Hussain calling the Indian players Donkeys?" without them knowing the context obviously they would be able to do nothing but Condemn it on that basis and call it really unfortunate prima facie.
And then the Media will keep running it again and again and fitting it into the larger story they are trying to make.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It was a joke FFS. The wheelie bin comment was a joke about our old player Ashley Giles who was poor in the field (apart from at gully) and given the nickname by Henry Blofeld on TMS. The Indian fielders are similarly slow and useless to him. The chins comment was about a few of the players being overweight.

So little boy don't tell me to man up or call me thick. OK
Ah, I see. So it's just you being incapable of making an admission of fault. What a coward. Go ahead, report me.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah, though the English media can sometimes overdo things too much both in terms of praise and in terms of criticism of the opposition and their own teams.

While the Indian media is largely not bothered about the opposition at all. It will either hail it's team too new heights after a win or criticise it to new lows.

Say if England tour England right now and are comprehensively beaten in 2 tests the Indian media won't go out of their way to find faults in the England team and call them out in aggresive terms when they are touring, label them rubbish,overpaid,incompetent etc... but would rather start singing praises of it's team more than anything else.
If India hadn't come as number 1 and been hyped as much as they were then there wouldn't have been any reaction from the likes of Hussain and Vaughan. The fact is India were number 1 coming here and everyone expected a contest. What happened was the visitors lay over and let their tummies get tickled so the former England captains are trying to explain why. If them doing so has upset the Indian public then so be it. If the team had prepared and performed better then none of this would be going on.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If India hadn't come as number 1 and been hyped as much as they were then there wouldn't have been any reaction from the likes of Hussain and Vaughan. The fact is India were number 1 coming here and everyone expected a contest. What happened was the visitors lay over and let their tummies get tickled so the former England captains are trying to explain why. If them doing so has upset the Indian public then so be it. If the team had prepared and performed better then none of this would be going on.
You are trying to mix up seperate things together here.
See the context of that post. Was talking about the larger media in general here and the differentiations they have,not anyone specifically.

As for Nasser don't think he has done anything wrong, while Vaughan is just being a attention seeking knob who is trying to use twitter and other avenues to stir up controvesies to stay relevant.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
You can add to that when England have been poor in the past, the English media does a very good job of ripping them to bits. The Aussies have said in the past that once they had won the first test, they could always rely on the English media to finish them off.
:laugh:

That is true, the media does go over the top. The footballers fare the worse though.

Vijay.Sharma

School Boy/Girl Captain
Let's see...I had a white wife and she told me 'white trash' is a slur in the USA. I don't know what it really means though and I never bothered to know it. I wanna piss off some of you white trash out there knowing very well it is a slur but not knowing what it actually means.

But I guess most of you will give a damn to this post...after all it's just some post in this vast internet ocean. When we don't take journos seriously, why take such posts seriously.

Hey but I know this for sure - many of you european ancestry fellows are neanderthals. And that is the truth...even more truer than the donkeys that were supposed to have been fielding for India. I mean you all are not even monkeys...you all are a failed species - neanderthals. Thank goodness there were other apes like my parents who evolved to become homo sapiens and some of them had *** with your neanderthal ancestors to give you human genes.

Now, before sending out those infraction points and deleting this post, dear Mods, please try to empathize with me. I am an Indian...in our culture referring to someone as donkey is not done. I can understand someone who dunn know enough about my culture referring to an Indian that way. But I cannot forgive someone, who in spite of being told that it is a derogatory reference, continues to trash it off as some stupid thingy (like some of the neanderthals have done in this thread). There is no need for anyone to add to it (I know I am adding to it here and I am doing it especially to rile you neanderthals off).

If you want me to be sensitive to your cultural stuff then you be sensitive to my cultural stuff, you stupid neanderthals.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

You are trying to mix up seperate things together here.
See the context of that post. Was talking about the larger media in general here and the differentiations they have,not anyone specifically.

As for Nasser don't think he has done anything wrong, while Vaughan is just being a attention seeking knob who is trying to use twitter and other avenues to stir up controvesies to stay relevant.
I was just using them as an example as they are the two being talked about most. There have been loads of articles in every paper about the Indian team. Many sympathising with them which as Englishman is hard to believe.

In all honesty the series has been a huge letdown, enjoyable as we won and got number 1 status but the cricket from halfway through the 2nd test was so onesided it was boring. I guess the press expected more but to be sympathetic to the Indians is strange.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

That is true, the media does go over the top. The footballers fare the worse though.
The Indian media is same in that regard though.

The English footballers go from the best in the world almost in the eyes of the world to absolute garbage who cannot kick or pass a ball every time a major tournament comes along.:laugh:

Even now the hype has started to build up with their current qualification campaign going pretty well under Capello.

Bun

Banned
Of course, Vijay will get infracted and perhaps banned as well.

While usual suspects get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.