• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mundane or marvelous player sightings

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely a thread is required to be able to post our weird and wonderful player sightings in every day life (ie not 'I saw 11 men dressed in maroon trying to steal a living at Seddon Park ')

I'll offer mine. Sam Billings heading home from the NZ tour, to Sydney - possibly in transit back home or playing grade cricket, unsure. I wasn't 100 percent it was him until I saw him watching County Championship highlights on his phone (which I think were batting clips of Sam Billings). He was afforded the luxury of sitting in business class in the otherwise low budget service that is Virgin Airways

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Saw James Neesham walking his dog the morning he got back from the CPL, in Ellerslie. Saw Kane Williamson having a coffee this weekend past, minding his own business.

Back when I lived in Dunedin, I remember seeing Rosco in a cafe in the Exchange a few years ago (not long after his 290 at Perth), and walking past Kevin Pietersen, Dimi Mascarenhas and another player (Luke Wright maybe) walking back to their hotel when they were in town for a tour game in the 07/08 tour.

Flem274*

123/5
saw chris martin buying an ironing board at the plaza in palmerston north.

seen adam milne and maybe a couple of other cd players at massey uni.

the big bambino

International Captain
saw chris martin buying an ironing board at the plaza in palmerston north.
Probably to practice bowling on Australian wickets.

Once served Robbie Langer at a bank. Saw Sarfraz getting out of a limo at the steps of Manuka Oval. I think it was a limo. I do remember that he was ******ed by two hot ladies who, on reflection, were probably professionals.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Regularly see Jason Krejza at Five Dock indoor cricket centre working the ball machine at 10 year old kids he's coaching

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Regularly see Jason Krejza at Five Dock indoor cricket centre working the ball machine at 10 year old kids he's coaching
Have you ever been in the change rooms with him when he's heading out of the showers? Let me tell you, blokes from other teams used to make their way into his side's dressing room because unless you've seen it for yourself, you genuinely won't believe it. Like, even TOTAB reckons he's got Garner covered.

mr_mister

Have you ever been in the change rooms with him when he's heading out of the showers? Let me tell you, blokes from other teams used to make their way into his side's dressing room because unless you've seen it for yourself, you genuinely won't believe it. Like, even TOTAB reckons he's got Garner covered.
No I haven't seen the fabled double coke can aha

I don't think he works up enough of a sweat doing this job to justify a public shower

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oof. Anyone wanna drop the customary "Ok" for this one ^

mr_mister

I'm wondering when TOTAB went on record saying that. Cricket Legends with Crash Craddock maybe?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumped into Waqar when taking out the trash for my workstation at the SCG. Felt very nervous when he said hi to me lol

Athlai

Not Terrible
Have had a few beers with Jesse Ryder a few times at a bar in the wee hours of the morning in Wellington. I think at the time I was arguing how he should be opening the batting in Tests. Nice bloke.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Had met Sreesanth at airport once. And Lakshmipathy Balaji at a pub several years back during his playing days.

stephen

I saw Cummins and Siddle walking around the Brisbane cbd a day or two before the last Brisbane test. I wanted to ask Cummins how his back was coping with carrying the country.

cnerd123

likes this
Met a bunch of players when they were over here for the T20Blitz and Sixes. But that's not really seeing them in their 'natural habitat', so to speak.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I just finished a round of golf here in Brisbane (played alright, couple under the handicap), when I bumped in to AB himself. I said hey to him and wished him luck for his round. That moment was better than any shot I hit that day

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I once had a slash next to Bob Willis at The Oval (we were both in the public lavs at the time). I told him I'd always been impressed with his length.*

& I saw Glen McGrath, resplendent in a blue suit striding past purposefully, whilst I was waiting outside the cricket museum at Edgbaston just before play began on the first day of the first test. I didn't feel the need to point out he was Glen McGrath to him as he was almost certainly aware of it.

*The second sentence of the first paragraph may be fictional.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I saw Sandeep Patil at an overview hotel in Pune when I was maybe eight. No one recognized him because he'd been retired for a while and had grown a beard of some proportion. I had read Sandy Storm around the time and pointed him out, but was too shy to approach him. This other prick cousin of mine who couldn't tell hockey from cricket had no such qualms and went and got his autograph.