• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mundane or marvelous player sightings

cpr

International Coach
Sajid Mahmood wandering around The Trafford Centre doing a bit of shopping. Shamefully only belated realised I'd sighted Glenn Chapple in the business lounge at Manchester Airport. In my defence it was 7am and I was 3 pints in.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Stood behind Rossco while buying coffee here in Hamilton. Asked the barista and apparently he's a regular but haven't caught him since.

Bijed

International Regular
Stood behind Rossco while buying coffee here in Hamilton. Asked the barista and apparently he's a regular but haven't caught him since.
They knew if they told you that, they'd get a ton of repeat business from you repeatedly trying to see him there tbh

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've told my Doug Walters story, gets more depressing with every month as he hurtles towards death.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw Zaheer in a club many years ago, around the time of India's wc win. Think he was with a few ranji cricketers I didn't recognize. Seemed a natural ladies man, the rest struggled mightily

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
A friend once told me she saw Peter “Two Metre” Fulton out clubbing at the height of his Blackcaps fame, striking out with every attempt.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
A friend once told me she saw Peter “Two Metre” Fulton out clubbing at the height of his Blackcaps fame, striking out with every attempt.
My favourite obscure sighting is when I wandered into a pokie room (slots/fruit machines for those UK types) in Invercargill in about 2002 and looked down the narrow end of the room to see Chris Harris leaning back on a stool at the apex of the room, playing two machines at once either side of him. About $1 a spin on each.

vcs

Someone yesterday casually mentioned in conversation that Dravid has a house barely 200m from where I live. I've never seen him around here, so I'm assuming he lives in some other part of Bangalore.

thierry henry

International Coach
Scott Styris at the national pub quiz champs on Saturday. My mate tried to talk to him about cricket (I decided against approaching him) and apparently Styris said he hates cricket and doesn't want to talk about it ever.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Scott Styris at the national pub quiz champs on Saturday. My mate tried to talk to him about cricket (I decided against approaching him) and apparently Styris said he hates cricket and doesn't want to talk about it ever.
Which venue does your team usually go to?

ataraxia

International Coach
Perfect resume for a commentator.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is so fantastic.

thierry henry

International Coach
So this is all pure hearsay, but coincidentally another friend of mine was also there and warned Friend A not to approach Styris.

His reasoning was that he had also met Styris on an earlier unrelated occasion and tried to discuss cricket with him. He brought up Styris's big century against Sri Lanka in the 2003 World Cup and Styris apparently said he didn't even remember the innings. The gist of it, again, was that he didn't care about cricket beyond it being a way to make a living and therefore didn't really retain any fond memories of particular games.

So, apparently he's consistent.

_Ed_

A few years ago when I was living near the Birkenhead ferry wharf, I used to see one of the Marshalls quite reguarly. Or both of them, each less regularly. Who knows?

But, yeah, when I was on my way to work in the mornings, I'd see him/them out jogging.