• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Fusion

Global Moderator
I like all the Pakistan posters here... should post more often. Probably aren't jobless like some of us TBF. :ph34r:
I personally think there are so few Pakistani posters on here (and the ones that post are hardly combative) that Pakistan simply doesn’t register on the hate list. If there were many more Pakistani posters, I would imagine that Pakistan would be leading the poll. Not because Pakistani posters are inherently bad or trolls, it’s just that we would have had a lot more intensive debates about the spot-fixing controversy and invariably some of them would have defended the Pakistani trio. That would probably have led to bitter feelings against Pakistan.

As for me, I don’t “hate” any particular team. I don’t even hate a player. I may dislike a few out there, but that’s about it. Like many others, I find it fun to root for the underdogs. And since I am from the subcontinent, I generally root for the sub-continental teams over others. That doesn’t mean I have any animosity for Eng/Aus/NZ/SA/WI and the rest. I enjoy watching them play. I just want a good, close contest and I’m happy.

smash84

The Tiger King
I personally think there are so few Pakistani posters on here (and the ones that post are hardly combative) that Pakistan simply doesn’t register on the hate list. If there were many more Pakistani posters, I would imagine that Pakistan would be leading the poll. Not because Pakistani posters are inherently bad or trolls, it’s just that we would have had a lot more intensive debates about the spot-fixing controversy and invariably some of them would have defended the Pakistani trio. That would probably have led to bitter feelings against Pakistan.

As for me, I don’t “hate” any particular team. I don’t even hate a player. I may dislike a few out there, but that’s about it. Like many others, I find it fun to root for the underdogs. And since I am from the subcontinent, I generally root for the sub-continental teams over others. That doesn’t mean I have any animosity for Eng/Aus/NZ/SA/WI and the rest. I enjoy watching them play. I just want a good, close contest and I’m happy.
Well said...........although you forgot the king of combatives......Bhupinder Singh :)...

Pakistan, well, its traditional.:p
:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia... was a close thing.. but Twatto did the trick... and KP and Strauss and Andy Flower means as much as I dont get along with a couple of their posters here are, I still like the English side :)

salman85

International Debutant
Agree with you on the Media thing. While Indian media has a tendency to go overboard in praise, and also to give knee jerk reactions to every result, English media tends to make everyone believe that they have got the next great cricketer in their ranks every few years.

Surprised though to know that you dislike Dhoni. He hasn't done anything untoward like a Sreesanth or a Harbhajan to be disliked, and he is actually a rare success story for an individual coming from an average background and a mostly ignored cricketing part of the country. And then to go onto achieve all that he has done is actually quite incredible. That it is all taken for granted, only tells you the easy and unassuming style of the guy.

I also tend to like people who don't come with an excess baggage of coaching and professionalism, and play cricket and impose their personalities in the way they seem fit - that "raw" element which is increasingly becoming rare. That is the reason why I admire Sehwag and Dhoni so much. I don't care if they don't end up anywhere near the greats of the game, but they give hope and inspiration to so many youngsters who are deprived of the infrastructure and opportunities that urban dwellers have access to.

Being a Pakistani yourself, you would know what I mean. No one throws "raw" talent onto the world cricketing stage as often and as successfully as Pakistan does. And that is a reason why I am deeply saddened by all the controversies that Pakistan keeps getting itself into (I am over my childhood hatred for Pakistan :p).
The bastard banged Deepika :@

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I doubt it TBH.. that Mallya **** is the guy you're looking for if you want to have a go at someone. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I remember one time Inzi was out here as captain and the press were going to town on the team. A reporter asks him:

Do you think your team is spineless?

To which he gave an emphatic response of "well... it's hard to say..."
I am sure you can speak Urdu very fluently.

BeeGee

International Captain
Reckon everyone should add their reasons for disliking nominated team. Get a bit of spice in the thread
OK. I voted for Australia. I used to enjoy watching Australia play because they always had a number of characters in their team, but now all the characters seem to have been replaced by whiny dickheads.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I am one of the few guys around I think who like Harbhajan. Before he came into the team we had too many nice guys around and boy were we pussies when we faced an aggressive team especially away from home. He was among the first guys who gave it to the opponents. Yes he talked a lot but he wasn't a goose like Sreesanth.

I actually started liking him more after the Sydney controversy. The whole series seemed to be one where every Aussie was trying to tip him over the line with their sledging and tip over he did. This ganging up kind of made me like him even more.

Also, like it when he gets going in the thrillers like the Asia cup game against Pakistan, the Kolkatta test against SA and so on.

This post wasn't to disagree with anyone just about how I like Harbhajan and why.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone name a modern player who's been around for any length of time who doesn't give a decent interview/presser?
Do what? Very rare to hear a good interview from a player. All about how much 'character' they've shown and generic soundbites. Especially the England team. It's like they've been trained (in paraphrase David Byrne) to talk a lot without saying anything.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's probably still Bangladesh. They're not constantly giving up when behind in the game the way they used to but the dislike from the times that they did lingers regardless.

I like their players etc. enough that I wouldn't call them my least favourite team but I think I'd support anyone against India. They have the most annoying fans. Sorry, but they do.