• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disliked Cricket Team

Which team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Convinced that the people who 'hate' Watson have only witnessed a child-like behavourism on the field and decided he's a tool, and not seen his press conferences, interviews, etc. WAG.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Also, is it fair to suggest that from viewing the results of this thread, the Australians enjoying beating India more than England, and that the Border-Gavaskar Trophy is more valued than The Ashes? If so, I'm ashamed and proud.

Spark

Global Moderator
Convinced that the people who 'hate' Watson have only witnessed a child-like behavourism on the field and decided he's a tool, and not seen his press conferences, interviews, etc. WAG.
TBH I think as far as cricketers are concerned, any 'hate' based on on-field stuff or "personality" (how the **** can you judge personality of someone you don't know at all based on their actions when they are desperately trying to win is beyond me) and not on genuinely reprensible actions such as assault, repeated drunken behaviour, cheating etc. etc. is basically entirely irrational.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Watto gives some of the best press conferences and interviews.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can anyone name a modern player who's been around for any length of time who doesn't give a decent interview/presser?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I think as far as cricketers are concerned, any 'hate' based on on-field stuff or "personality" (how the **** can you judge personality of someone you don't know at all based on their actions when they are desperately trying to win is beyond me) and not on genuinely reprensible actions such as assault, repeated drunken behaviour, cheating etc. etc. is basically entirely irrational.
Hmm. Think most people just mean finding an individual irritating or obnoxious, rather than 'hate' in the sense of wanting to harm him.

Himannv

International Coach
RE:
Sri Lanka, with:
Vaas, Jayasuria & Murali pretty much gone;
Jayawardene & Sangakarra turning 34 y.o.;
Samaraweera & Dilshan turning 35;

Am I right that they're just about to go through the glut of ATG Sri Lankan retirees that Australia went through with Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist? Is this WC their "last hurrah". Thoughts?
Not much worried about the bowling with Malinga, Randiv, Mendis, Herath, Kula and a few others around. Batting on the other hand is quite questionable. There are some good players coming through the ranks but not many have had enough exposure to the first team as yet. Probably off topic here but eitherways, it remains to be seen what they do after the WC in terms of bedding in new players.

smash84

The Tiger King
Didn't think so many people disliked Dhoni :wacko:
as gotspin mentioned, with dhoni, it is not so much dislike as much as the fact that he never praises the opposition for their performance.

Otherwise he is perfectly fine on the field and stays away from antics that the like of bhajji and Sree indulge in

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
***ynafe is right. Twatto's interviews are ace, he loses the first T off the field.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmm. Think most people just mean finding an individual irritating or obnoxious, rather than 'hate' in the sense of wanting to harm him.
Yeah that's what I meant by 'hate' - it's just that everyone uses that word anyway. It's the non-cricketing aspects that bug me.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember one time Inzi was out here as captain and the press were going to town on the team. A reporter asks him:

Do you think your team is spineless?

To which he gave an emphatic response of "well... it's hard to say..."

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember one time Inzi was out here as captain and the press were going to town on the team. A reporter asks him:

Do you think your team is spineless?

To which he gave an emphatic response of "well... it's hard to say..."
:laugh:

Gotta love the fella

Bun

Banned
Bangladesh.

Eleven years of baby care, and yet they've managed to produce just two test standard players. Such a shame. The behaviour of prima donnas like Ashrafool and Murtaza beggars belief.

But they've such a fanatic following still. No wonder when **** ups like last match against Windies happen, they go overboard. The proverbial last straw etc.