• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

91Jmay

International Coach
Awkward...... The award was first presented in 2003, again I think you have confused it with something else.
Incorrect, Wisden went back and retrospectively awarded it for each year (unless you for some reason think a retrospective award is worth less?).

Do read the link.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but it didn't stop you from gobbing off I see, well done all round

if you really are interested it is based primarily on performances in the English summer and also counts county cricket
So basically exactly what I assumed?

Can't see what issue you could possibly have with my post, but a bit more decorum & maturity would be appreciated in future

cnerd123

likes this
I'm a very sensitive person, and while I'm not entirely sure what "gobbing off" means or if I was being insulted or being hit on but I can assure you I'm into women in any case
They need to be above 18 years old before you can call them 'women' mate.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why tease? Roids actually make the testes better. NSFW friendos

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Why tease? Roids actually make the testes better. NSFW friendos

holy **** that was weird when she said "dick hanging lower than the balls" in a deeper voice than him.

wow.

had to watch a few more of his videos. heh. at least he's open.

just wow.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Fun thread to read back through, especially the origins of the “KW can’t cover drive!” meme. Also loved Flem’s comment from 2010 saying “In 10 years that Rachin kid will be as good as Sachin”. Well, he’ll probably be playing for NZ soon, so that’s a start.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, we have the Rachin kid. In ten years he'll be like Sachin.:ph34r:

We should last a little longer than ten years when half the talented blokes are hovering around 20 atm.

Should. Not will.:ph34r:
this is the year of truth, especially since we could actually lose ross, watling, cdg and wagner this year haha

Howsie

International Captain
I noticed a lot of people are coming after Williamson for his away record these days (not CW). It’s just so incomplete though, New Zealand just do not get invited to tour overseas. He’s played 4 test matches in England his whole career, Smith and Kohli would get that in a month. He’s played 3 in South Africa (one of them was washed out) and the first 2 were when he was only 22.

Effectively he hasn’t played an away series against the West Indies since 2014, England since 2015, India 2016 and South Africa he’s played in one test since 2013. You can’t score runs if you aren’t even given a chance to do so....

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Awesome thread, good read. The decade has moved on but I still see the same theme here for our current younger crop. He's too young, leave him be for another couple of seasons, compared to players that probably played less than 10-20 test matches. All due to Kane's age then.

I'm not sure why age has anything to do with cricket? If they're good, they're good enough. Whether they're 19 or 35+ if they're of good quality then they deserve to be playing top level cricket in some format.

Glad Kane was from ND and got to bat on reasonable decks then. If he was playing for Wellington right now and didn't score couple of games he would have been dropped :laugh:

We now have three different formats, no excuse for selectors or management to not give the good ones a good in some formats.

I like the we're very good in all formats at the moment but we're not building good strength at the moment and still shy of providing opportunities for players consistently.

Why wouldn't you play Duffy in all three T20 games if you thought he's good enough? Why is Tickner not given reasonable run? Rest some players if it had to be done. Resting one player each game in T20s and one day is not going to make much difference to us right now in my opinion.