• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho

Whatcha think about him?

• WAG

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • WAC

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • indifferent

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Dolphin are just gay sharks

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay, a man that definitely polarises opinion.

Charismatic genius, or narcissistic idjit.

Or both perhaps, I though his celebration was a joke tonight, just playing for the cameras IMHO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Serious god complex and his teams play some plop football, but one can't help have grudging respect for the way he somehow manages to walk it like he talks it.

A Brain Clough for the 21st century with better suits and worse football IMHO.

grecian

Serious god complex and his teams play some plop football, but one can't help have grudging respect for the way he somehow manages to walk it like he talks it.

A Brain Clough for the 21st century with better suits and worse football IMHO.
Nah disagree, in fact get very irritated by this being reiterated. Clough told his players not to argue with refs, and try to play football in the right way.He was also very gracious in defeat.

Both Charismatic, that's where it ends really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah disagree, in fact get very irritated by this being reiterated. Clough told his players not to argue with refs, and try to play football in the right way.He was also very gracious in defeat.

Both Charismatic, that's where it ends really.
From different ends of the tactical spectrum, obv, but both handsome egotists with a talent for the mot juste.

Don't really enjoy watching his teams, but the Prem's a less colourful place without him.

grecian

From different ends of the tactical spectrum, obv, but both handsome egotists with a talent for the mot juste.

Don't really enjoy watching his teams, but the Prem's a less colourful place without him.
Well he's better looking then Clough, and less of a drunk, obviously. Of course the other thing they have in common is the ego, which they'd be well-matched in I guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well he's better looking then Clough, and less of a drunk, obviously. Of course the other thing they have in common is the ego, which they'd be well-matched in I guess.
Maybe, but the younger Clough was pretty dashing, tbf:

A man for whom a treble was not so much an ambition as a breakfast.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he's brilliant. If he was a fictional character he'd be universally adored.

Pothas

Yeah love him as well.

As for the Clough thing, I am looking forward to watching the film in 30 years time about his doomed 44 day spell in charge of Barcelona.

vcs

Voted "WAC", assuming "C" stands for what I'm thinking of. Hate the narcissistic, ugly-football-playing bastard. Comes from the Benitez school of "tactical genius" which is just another way of saying "nick a goal or two on the counter and defend for your lives with 11 men for the rest of the game".

vcs

Can't put together a decent team without an unlimited cheque-book, can't bring through a player from the youth system, and gets a bunch of superstars to play like Greece in Euro 2004. I hate his general footballing philosophy. Yeah, tactical genius. He can coach 11 men to defend brilliantly, I'll give him that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't put together a decent team without an unlimited cheque-book, can't bring through a player from the youth system, and gets a bunch of superstars to play like Greece in Euro 2004. I hate his general footballing philosophy. Yeah, tactical genius. He can coach 11 men to defend brilliantly, I'll give him that.
Not quite true; won both the Wafer Cup in 2003 & (much more impressively) Champions League in 2004 with Porto; only team since Ajax in 95 to win it from outside of the big four leagues. Not exactly paupers, but not in the Real/Man U league either.

vcs

Not quite true; won both the Wafer Cup in 2003 & (much more impressively) Champions League in 2004 with Porto; only team since Ajax in 95 to win it from outside of the big four leagues. Not exactly paupers, but not in the Real/Man U league either.
Yeah, he did do well with Porto, to be fair. I guess I just can't stand him, his insistence on two defensive midfielders, and the way he gets his teams to dive around. Not to mention the tapping up of Ashley Cole, the moaning, the "Special One" rubbish, and his legion of fanboys in the press.

And I HATE the way the press makes it as though it's always about him, win, lose or draw. I'd prefer the spotlight to be on the footballers, not the manager. Apparently, it's a "tactical masterclass" when he gets his side to defend with ten men, but would he have accepted defeat with grace if he had lost in a similar manner? No, he would have accused the other side of "parking the bus".

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller

Like when he called Wenger a 'voyeur'. But he and SAF seemed to get on pretty well.

vcs

I get the impression that Man Utd. fans are basking somewhat in Mourinho's reflected glory in this Champions League campaign, and I sense quite a bit of bitterness towards Barcelona for outclassing them last year. I also think there is an expectation among Man Utd. fans that he will eventually replace Ferguson, which has converted them into Inter/Mourinho fanboys by proxy. It's all a bit embarrassing TBH.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I get the impression that Man Utd. fans are basking somewhat in Mourinho's reflected glory in this Champions League campaign, and I sense quite a bit of bitterness towards Barcelona for outclassing them last year. I also think there is an expectation among Man Utd. fans that he will eventually replace Ferguson, which has converted them into Inter/Mourinho fanboys by proxy. It's all a bit embarrassing TBH.
can't agree more.

As for the guy don't like his nick one and then defend like crazy tactics but hey! it gets the results.

Uppercut

Hahaha really? Jeez, the United fans where you are sound like right pricks.