• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Howard to head ICC?

So Sri Lanka whose own board bankrupted Sri Lanka cricket through corruption and had to go cap in hand to the BCCI for a loan to bail them out now have principles, how amusing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno why it's not working for you.

http://bcci cricket.org/cims/web/jsp/login.jsp

ignore the space in the address above. It is working perfectly for me.

Alternatively, you can login to bcci.tv, which is still under construction and follow the link which appears on it.
3 and out for you. My point remains correct that BCCI has no official website. The above site is BCCI Cricket Information Management System. :laugh:

Lostman

State Captain
So Sri Lanka whose own board bankrupted Sri Lanka cricket through corruption and had to go cap in hand to the BCCI for a loan to bail them out now have principles, how amusing.
There was no loan, get your facts straight. It was a bribe:ph34r:
India keeps touring SL as payment for getting ridding of the anti-IPL fat man.

vandem

International 12th Man
... This is getting ridiculous

If the only qualification is being a "director from Australia and New Zealand who are representatives of the ICC" then the chances are that you wont get the right person for the job...
I read this comment from the SL cricket authorities as being a direct reference to the person that NZ originally wanted for the role. In the opinions of many NZers, we got shafted by the Aussies over this one. When CA and NZC could not agree on a nomination, a panel was formed of two representatives apiece, chaired by Australian businessman Sir Rod Eddington. See:
Joint nomination for Howard as ICC president | Stuff.co.nz
Cricket: 'Fan' with no cricket experience gets top job - Sport - NZ Herald News

Quote from NZC chairman Alan Isaac,
"Ultimately, Rod had a lot of influence in that final and difficult decision. We're sensitive to the issue that it looks like the Australians got their way. But Eddington went through the pros and cons and decided that Howard was the better person. We agreed that we'd live with the process."
Peter Roebuck has some strong opinions (which I regrettably agree with): Howard's nomination above boards - they haven't got a leg to stand on

vandem

International 12th Man
...Anyway I think we all agree that the Sri Lankan cricket administrators are the real joke.
In this case no. It is the Aussie cricket administrators who risk becoming a joke.

Aussie cricket administrators made the decision to nominate a non-cricket person, overriding advice from NZ cricket administrators. Having made a decision which they should have foreseen would be controversial, they should have then been working hard during the last couple of months to convince other countries cricket authorities that Howard was the correct choice.

So either they have done the diplomatic stuff successfully, and have ... just .... enough support, or the joke will be on them.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No one wants AUS having more power in cricket, get over it.
I was disappointed at the decision to go for Howard over Anderson, but your point is no more than moot. It was up to Aus and NZ to decide who got the nomination, and - fact is - it was Aus/NZ's turn in the role. So if the protests are being made bcause of opinions like yours, they're misguided at best.

Sir Alex

Banned
Unnecessarily rude posts like this are not acceptable, Sir Alex.
Sorry but it's impossible not to quote one of your own posts here.

WAG. Can, and has been a bit of a **** on the field, but never judge a book by its cover and all that. Very nice gesture.
In the same thread another poster also has referred to Bhajji in 4 asterisks.

Request you to be consistent.

:)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Peter Roebuck has some strong opinions (which I regrettably agree with): Howard's nomination above boards - they haven't got a leg to stand on
Roebuck says "Inevitably the boards of India, South Africa and Zimbabwe are leading the campaign to prevent the antipodean nomination taking up his position" - India (the BCCI) has not made a comment regarding this issue so far as far as I am aware. It is South Africa, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka who have voiced objections thus far.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Roebuck says "Inevitably the boards of India, South Africa and Zimbabwe are leading the campaign to prevent the antipodean nomination taking up his position" - India (the BCCI) has not made a comment regarding this issue so far as far as I am aware. It is South Africa, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka who have voiced objections thus far.
Basically from the same source [Fairfax] but there is something mentioned in here:

Cricket tensions rise over Howard

Zimbabwe is thought to be leading the charge against Mr Howard if the matter gets to a vote in Singapore late next month, and the African nations are said to have garnered support from India.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely some serious douchebaggery going on here from both sides of the divide, though. Howard looks like the kid who never got picked for the school cricket team and even now, the other players don't want him even carrying the drinks.

Sir Alex

Banned
Howard has come across as an insensitive and clueless individual especially considering his stupid remarks on Murali. Being an ICC president requires one to be atleast at the outset knowledgeable and ability to balance gigantic egos which am afraid a person like Howard is seldom likely to achieve.

He may have captained Australia but helming affairs of a multinational organisation like ICC without appearing to be prejudiced, requires different skill sets altogether.