• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Howard to head ICC?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I don't really care what Zimbabwe think. Not a Howard lover, but I'd rather Zimbabwe have no influence over cricket thanks.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
First Sharad Pawar is scheduled to be the ICC president and then John Howard.

Do not know about Howard but Pawar is as incompetent and corrupt a politician as it gets.
And the best part is he is currently the aggriculture minister of India too .SO how can he manage both is really a doubt.
He has been incompetent and corrupt in the position of aggriculture minister alone,and is responsible primarily for the ridiulous food inflatiion the country has been facing. Now he will be the ICC president too.

Hopefully the President of the ICC does not have too many powers.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Do not know about Howard but Pawar is as incompetent and corrupt a politician as it gets.
And the best part is he is currently the aggriculture minister of India too .SO how can he manage both is really a doubt.
He has been incompetent and corrupt in the position of aggriculture minister alone,and is responsible primarily for the ridiulous food inflatiion the country has been facing. Now he will be the ICC president too.

Howard won't be corrupt but he lacks background in cricket other than being an avid follower (self-affirmed cricket tragic)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sri Lanka Cricket's interim committee chairman Somachandra de Silva told Cricinfo that on principle his board would not support Howard's candidature because he lacks a cricketing background."On principle it is the wrong thing to do to bring someone from outside for the vice-presidency," de Silva said."We would support any of the directors from Australia and New Zealand who are representatives of the ICC, but not anyone from outside.

Sir Alex

Banned

He's been actively involved in cricket for a long time now and has been BCCI top honcho for many years. There is NOTHING to prove that he has been a **** cricket administrator.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka Cricket's interim committee chairman Somachandra de Silva told Cricinfo that on principle his board would not support Howard's candidature because he lacks a cricketing background."On principle it is the wrong thing to do to bring someone from outside for the vice-presidency," de Silva said."We would support any of the directors from Australia and New Zealand who are representatives of the ICC, but not anyone from outside.
As long as they havent criticised Murali I presume

This is getting ridiculous

If the only qualification is being a "director from Australia and New Zealand who are representatives of the ICC" then the chances are that you wont get the right person for the job

I'd have more respect for these guys if the Zimbabweans and SLs came out and said they hate the guy for some perceived slur whilst the Saffies simply support Mugabe

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

Seconded.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
He's been actively involved in cricket for a long time now and has been BCCI top honcho for many years. There is NOTHING to prove that he has been a **** cricket administrator.
I am just wondering what is the rationale for supporting Sharad Pawar other than him being an Indian.

The fact that BCCI still does not have a website, the whole IPL fiasco, failure to have half decent facilities in 99% of the stadiums in India, India still not having a falf decent fast bowler since Zaheer Khan, India's poor performance in World Cups since 2003 etc etc.

Oh wait none of it was Sharad Pawar's responsibility.

Sir Alex

Banned
I am just wondering what is the rationale for supporting Sharad Pawar other than him being an Indian.

The fact that BCCI still does not have a website, the whole IPL fiasco, failure to have half decent facilities in 99% of the stadiums in India, India still not having a falf decent fast bowler since Zaheer Khan, India's poor performance in World Cups since 2003 etc etc.

1. http://bcc********.org/cims/web/jsp/login.jsp
2. What's with the IPL fiasco? An individual was seemingly becoming bigger than the organisation and some alleged irregularities have been questioned. Much worse allegations have gripped other boards (Essex matchfixing scandal eg)
3. Sreesanth and Ishant are a good shout.
4. England, SA, NZ, haven't won a cup to date. Further there has been only 1 WC since 2003.

Sir Alex

Banned

1. Official website. I hope you are aware about IPLT20.com which is probably the best cricket site I've come across since cricinfo.
2. What's with the IPL fiasco? An individual was seemingly becoming bigger than the organisation and some alleged irregularities have been questioned. Much worse allegations have gripped other boards (Essex matchfixing scandal eg)
3. Sreesanth and Ishant are a good shout.
4. England, SA, NZ, haven't won a cup to date. Further there has been only 1 WC since 2003.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He was president of the Mumbai cricket association almost due to default . He did nothing extraordinary there.
In the overall scheme of the BCCI ,he was almost made a front for the anti-dalmiya camp who needed a powerful figure to Oust Dalmiya. He was not involved in the day to day adminstration or anything,that job was done by the likes of Modi,Srinivasan,Manohar,ShuKla And Shah.

And when the BCCI presidency was mean to go to another zone , to keep him happy they gave him the ICC presidency and made him president elect in negotiation with the Aussie and English boards.
I woul rather have Modi as the ICC president than Pawar.Atleast he is efficient if corrupt .Pawar is both inefficient and corrupt.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
Cevno, Please I know about the politics. I requested you to spell out how he has been a terrible cricket administrator so far.

Good management is about good delegation as well. You need to manage the exceptions when you are at the top. :)

Last edited: