• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm so tired....

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Now you Aussies know what we felt like during the Ashes. :p

I'm immensely proud that myself and one mate managed to watch one entire day's play during that series. 12.30am-8am. :cool:

For the rest of the time, I was just staying awake as long as I could, then sleeping on the couch for a few hours and waking up to watch the last bit of the game. Did the same for the ODIs, was absolutely ****ed by the end of them.

Worst bit was during the last day of the Adelaide Test. Was cheating a little that day, 'cause I slept between 6pm-11pm, but I managed the whole day's play all told. Then went to bed at 9am, pissed off 'cause we lost, and didn't get any sleep until 10am, when I got about an hour. Then got up, went and bought some food for breakfast, ate, sat around for a bit, went back to bed, could only get an hour's sleep, woke up at 2pm shattered but unable to sleep. Irregular patterns meant it took me days to recover. :wacko:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No sympathies. As Adharcric mentioned, I've watched virtually every Test match played in the last two years (by any country) and I've had to stay up every time. I finally get something that I don't have to stay up for.

Deal with it. :p

Moe_Syzlak

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Been a harsh World Cup tbh and we haven't even started the Super 8s. Games starting at around midnight, going till quite abit after sunrise. My body clock is way out of whack, it's like I'm constantly jetlaged and heaps tired during the day. I've been falling asleep during lectures and classes and barely seen sunlight in weeks either. Been a shocker tbh.

Wondering how the other Australians and New Zealanders around here have been coping.
Well, I can speak from my experience during the 02 FIFA World Cup, living in the States at the time, what I did was 'adjust' beore the Cup started, by taking a nap as soon as I got home from work, and waking up as if the games were on. But even then, it was rough. Try quick 15 minute naps whenever you can squeeze one in.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Try working 8 - 15 hours a day 6 days a week on 3 - 4 hours sleep...

The bags under my eyes are big enough to go shopping with8-)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:ph34r:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, I wouldn't miss a moment of the Ashes tbh, regardless of when it was on. It's a bit tougher with a WC, because the matches aren't always particularly exciting contests, and it's every night for two months, pretty much.

R_D

International Debutant
haven't watched too many matches as of yet.. don't have foxtel at home. So far only watched india's matches. Travelled to crown to watch SL V Ind match and bastards at crown switched it off at about 4 am and than drove around city trying to look for a place to watch the match, in the end had to call my uncle up at 5am in the morning and watched it his house.

Going to be watching most of the matches on channell 9 thou.

jammay123

State 12th Man
Been a harsh World Cup tbh and we haven't even started the Super 8s. Games starting at around midnight, going till quite abit after sunrise. My body clock is way out of whack, it's like I'm constantly jetlaged and heaps tired during the day. I've been falling asleep during lectures and classes and barely seen sunlight in weeks either. Been a shocker tbh.

Wondering how the other Australians and New Zealanders around here have been coping.
now you now how us english felt during the ashes and we still watched all even though we got spanked 5-0

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Now you Aussies know what we felt like during the Ashes. :p

I'm immensely proud that myself and one mate managed to watch one entire day's play during that series. 12.30am-8am. :cool:

For the rest of the time, I was just staying awake as long as I could, then sleeping on the couch for a few hours and waking up to watch the last bit of the game. Did the same for the ODIs, was absolutely ****ed by the end of them.

Worst bit was during the last day of the Adelaide Test. Was cheating a little that day, 'cause I slept between 6pm-11pm, but I managed the whole day's play all told. Then went to bed at 9am, pissed off 'cause we lost, and didn't get any sleep until 10am, when I got about an hour. Then got up, went and bought some food for breakfast, ate, sat around for a bit, went back to bed, could only get an hour's sleep, woke up at 2pm shattered but unable to sleep. Irregular patterns meant it took me days to recover. :wacko:
I was kinda disappointed with my watching tbh. I only went through twice, and my sleeping patterns were a bit too normal during school terms for my liking. It's kinda changed my sleeping patterns for good though, I've generally been sleeping less since Christmas.

Swervy

International Captain
I am Australian and I have been fine. Doing a full days work, watching til the end of each match, and I am fine

it helps that I live in the UK though!!!!

howardj

International Coach
Have barely watched a ball since the opening match, which I watched the entirety of and vowed never to be that tired for work again!

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
If I'm reporting on a match for Cricket Web I watch as much of the match that I can. If it is a match that interests me eg SA v Aus I get up early eg 4:30am then watch the highlights of the bits I've missed later on in the day. I love 20/20 hindsight

Not ideal but it works for me..

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The only real match I've watched in its entirity has been the Sri Lanka vs India, that was off an extreme Friday at work a bit of a boogie with some mates in Sydney Cross…from there went to a sports bar with just the correct amount of Indians and Sri Lankans, watched the whole first innings there, caught a cab back home and watched the rest of the game on the couch, my poor fiance’ though could only last till 7am, still though, I was very impressed!

I caught some of the South Africa vs Australia game, but could only last till AB got out...

With daylight savings now in full effect in the eastern states the plan is to be up at 5:30am, in a bus by 6:30am, and at my desk around 7:15am...work till 6:00pm, back in bed, fed and ready to hit the sack by 7:15pm, this gives me a decent amount of sleep, but missing what is essentialy the clutch overs between is 6:30am - 7:15am requires some thinking.

Theres a plasma just above my desk at work with a consistent fox sports feed, but watching the big games live is where its at!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Missed pretty much most of the WC up until late last week. I was involved in a scholastic competition that demanded my time. Only was able to see bits and pieces of games. Will be interesting to see how the rest of it goes though since they'll be on when I'm at school. I'll have to selectively miss some classes which I did today.

thierry henry

International Coach
It sucks, generally I'll at least be asleep between 3am-7am, and I have to leave early on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays I can generally catch the end of games (although I rarely bother staying up), and Friday mornings are the best as I have the day off.

The inevitable result though, is a sort of half-arsed effort, so I'm still tired, but I also feel like I'm missing out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, whatever. I'm in my final year, with employers looking to hire me for next year. I can't afford to do that. That being said, I'm still catching the highlights on Fox Sports. :cool:
What's being employed soon got to do with you not watching because you're 'over' Indian cricket? We're not saying you have to stay up and watch the games, and if you don't you're not a true Indian fan. You can not watch a game because your life is too busy, or you can not watch a game, (as you claimed was your reason) because "sleep is much more worthwile than watching my worthless team play." That suggests you're a front runner fan, and would be watching them play if they were any good. Not really a 'fan' then per se.

I'm not taking a cheap shot or anything, its just very rich to call yourself an Indian cricket fan if you're only going to watch them if they're winning.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
What's being employed soon got to do with you not watching because you're 'over' Indian cricket? We're not saying you have to stay up and watch the games, and if you don't you're not a true Indian fan. You can not watch a game because your life is too busy, or you can not watch a game, (as you claimed was your reason) because "sleep is much more worthwile than watching my worthless team play." That suggests you're a front runner fan, and would be watching them play if they were any good. Not really a 'fan' then per se.

I'm not taking a cheap shot or anything, its just very rich to call yourself an Indian cricket fan if you're only going to watch them if they're winning.
Whatever man. I've gone through my 'hardcore' passionate Indian fan phase before lasting over a decade, where I would defend them even if they played like rubbish. Clearly if I stay up and watch World Cup games throughout my final year, my concentration levels will slip and my performance at university will suffer. You guys may be able to handle it, but I can't, that's just me and I've always been like that.

On the topic of being a 'front runner fan', it doesn't bother me at all. After following Indian Cricket for 16 years, and seeing the same old crap year after year, it's becoming difficult to watch. In the days where professionalism, athleticism and discipline are paramount to being a top cricketing side, India doesn't display any of these attributes. It never has for the last 16 years, and dare I say it probably never will for the next 16 years.

Along with the combination of other things being too important in life at the moment, I rather sleep than watch the games live. The time difference is too much. That being said, I still ensure that I catch the highlights on Fox Sports.

This is nothing really about Indian Cricket, my 'worthless team' comments were more indicative of me wanting to watch top class cricket games and sides like Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka rather than India, who have left me disillusioned and disappointed with their team.

:)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ive been busy with other stuff as well - its hitting hard now, i had a headache all this arvo at work. Im gonna have to skip any cricket for tonight i think to try and recover :(