• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm so tired....

PY

International Coach
Watched England-Kenya the other day but I don't have Sky so it's a pain to watch any of the game really.

They are on at awesome times though, do work in the morning then sack it off during the afternoon. Pity my Masters dissertation has to be in on the 30th April so WC finishes just as my coursework does. :mad:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I haven't been up for that many matches really...pretty much just watching on the weekends and relying on replays/highlights for others unless I'm writing the CW report. Don't really find it that difficult to stay up though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been a harsh World Cup tbh and we haven't even started the Super 8s. Games starting at around midnight, going till quite abit after sunrise. My body clock is way out of whack, it's like I'm constantly jetlaged and heaps tired during the day. I've been falling asleep during lectures and classes and barely seen sunlight in weeks either. Been a shocker tbh.

Wondering how the other Australians and New Zealanders around here have been coping.
Just think, when Australia and NZ host the World Cup in 2015, everyone else will have to go through this! Muahahaha.
Yeah, went through it for the Ashes. The missus hated it, because I was a big grump when I got home from work every night. I tried explaining to her that she'd be pissed off if she stayed up all night watching Steve Harmison bowl at ninety degrees...she didn't quite grasp the concept though

My WC viewing ends on Thursday though :@

Craig

World Traveller
How do you Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi and wherever else cricket fans who live in the US or Canada are able to watch cricket. Obviously I know you would have cable, but what sort of channels would you go through? Wouldn't be cheap either.

Haven't been able to watch much of the World Cup during, perhaps about 10 minutes and that is it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be honest, I haven't been as committed as I would've liked. Not with the majority of big games being on a Monday/ Thursday I was a little reluctant to get up at 1.30 with only 3 hours of sleep and then expect to be fully functioning at rugby practice later that night. Now that we are in the important stuff I will definately be watching more, I am hoping to see all of the semi's and final. Looking forward to seeing Bangladesh play aswell.

adharcric

International Coach
How do you Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi and wherever else cricket fans who live in the US or Canada are able to watch cricket. Obviously I know you would have cable, but what sort of channels would you go through? Wouldn't be cheap either.

Haven't been able to watch much of the World Cup during, perhaps about 10 minutes and that is it.
I probably shouldn't go into the details. :ph34r:

masterblaster

International Captain
Corrected. :cool:
Meh, take all the cheap shots you want. I've been through that 'hardcore' fan phase a long time ago. Anybody who has followed me throughout these forums since 2002 (Marc, Agemaster, Neil, James) will tell you how passionate I was for Indian Cricket. Hell, there wasn't an Indian section on CW before I got involved in it with Andre Maddocks.

Frankly now, too many other things in life are much more important, and when put in perspective, cricket's a game, just a game. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Those overpaid, pampered cricketers don't deserve it.

Although I'd probably watch a bit more now, since the Super 8's look very interesting.

masterblaster

International Captain
True.

Disappointing Sangrah.

Anyway its been a piece of cake for me. And by that, I mean I haven't comprehended anything in my legal obligations class for 4 weeks now because I've been so stuffed.
Meh, whatever. I'm in my final year, with employers looking to hire me for next year. I can't afford to do that. That being said, I'm still catching the highlights on Fox Sports. :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Been napping during the second innings quite a bit, but I'm usually pretty resiliant with late nights so I'm confident come the big matches at the end.

Seen at least 50-75% of every game so far, except those that are on the same time as another.

masterblaster

International Captain
Think they were only messing Sangrah. :)
Yeah that's cool Pete. Wasn't intending to stir things up there. Was just merely justifying the reason to get some great shut eye, especially as we played so poorly and it being my final year. :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haven't watched a thing as yet, don't have foxtel, possibly won't get to see much either even now it's on channel 9 due to viewing times, and early uni/work starts.

Managed to stay up till 2am listening to the Aust v SA game, then woke up 2.5 hours later and heard the SA innings from about the 15th over onwards.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't watched any live cricket yet, just been catching the highlights and occasionally watching full replays.

Thinking about watching some of the Super 8 though and NZ's semi if we get through...1am is a nasty start time though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Been a harsh World Cup tbh and we haven't even started the Super 8s. Games starting at around midnight, going till quite abit after sunrise. My body clock is way out of whack, it's like I'm constantly jetlaged and heaps tired during the day. I've been falling asleep during lectures and classes and barely seen sunlight in weeks either. Been a shocker tbh.

Wondering how the other Australians and New Zealanders around here have been coping.
Well, I'm used to it, tbph. Due to a variety of strange, not-completely-diagonsed reasons (the closest anyone has got is telling me I have "post acute love withdrawal" which doesn't even exist in anyone else, apparently..), I get very mimimal sleep anyway - usually about 4 hours. So I tend to sleep during the innings break, and miss the start of the second innings, but I tend to wake up fairly quickly into it - then I sleep again after it's over for an hour or so. So I haven't had any extreme tiredness problems.

Last night's break gave us all an opportunity to catch up on some sleep - but I still didn't.

Dydl

International Debutant
If I could stay up at night to follow the games on the internet, I would, but my day-to-day regime just doesn't allow it. If it's a particularly important or interesting match, then I may get up at like 4:00 to watch the last 40 overs of the second innings, but that's it. Going off to South Africa in the holidays so will be able to watch all of the Super 8 stage except for one or two matches at the end. Matches will be during the day too, big change from early mornings here in Aus. I'm having an early night tonight to catch up on some sleep before the Super 8 start, so I'd best be off now.