• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm so tired....

pasag

RTDAS
Been a harsh World Cup tbh and we haven't even started the Super 8s. Games starting at around midnight, going till quite abit after sunrise. My body clock is way out of whack, it's like I'm constantly jetlaged and heaps tired during the day. I've been falling asleep during lectures and classes and barely seen sunlight in weeks either. Been a shocker tbh.

Wondering how the other Australians and New Zealanders around here have been coping.

adharcric

International Coach
Been a harsh World Cup tbh and we haven't even started the Super 8s. Games starting at around midnight, going till quite abit after sunrise. My body clock is way out of whack, it's like I'm constantly jetlaged and heaps tired during the day. I've been falling asleep during lectures and classes and barely seen sunlight in weeks either. Been a shocker tbh.

Wondering how the other Australians and New Zealanders around here have been coping.
You deserve it. SS, Fusion, Turbinator, np10, myself, etc. have been doing this the other 90% of the time. Enjoy. :p

Fusion

Global Moderator
You deserve it. SS, Fusion, Turbinator, np10, myself, etc. have been doing this the other 90% of the time. Enjoy. :p
Haha he's got a point you know. Though sadly it hasn't worked out like I thought. I mean the matches are on during daytime when I'm at work. I can't watch them during weekdays! At least when they're on during night, I can stay up all night and show up to work the next day in a zombie like state!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer trying to juggle 10 and 12 hour days with work , family kids and then world cup lol

am tired also

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Being in the USA, I hate missing the games because of my classes or missing my classes because of the games :wacko:!!!!!~~~~~

pup11

International Coach
For me in India the game timings are not that good neither are they too bad , the games starts at 7 pm or 8 pm and finishes by 3.30 am or 4.30 am next morning and so far i have watched every (important) game from the first ball till the last ball.

As a result i have got dark circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep, but a few diet cokes or few cups of coffee keep me awake through the game.

readie

State Regular
Have not been able to watch any of the games yet, but this is about to change considering games are on free to air from tonite onwards.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I watched the Australia and South Africa match till I fell asleep. (80/0 )

Woke up on the couch with South Africa (80/0)

Amazing.

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
i tried to watch one of the first games from first ball to the last and was wrecked so now ive just been watching the first hour to see whos batting first and how they start then i get 6 hours sleep and wake up and watch the last 2 hours of the game. seems to work well.

masterblaster

International Captain

I've been sleeping. :p

Being an Indian fan, I realised that sleep is much more worthwile than watching my worthless team play.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Haha he's got a point you know. Though sadly it hasn't worked out like I thought. I mean the matches are on during daytime when I'm at work. I can't watch them during weekdays! At least when they're on during night, I can stay up all night and show up to work the next day in a zombie like state!
you could watch it on the rerun you know...but depends on what you're watching it from...but are they should reruns anywhere else? like new zealand or something?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just think, when Australia and NZ host the World Cup in 2015, everyone else will have to go through this! Muahahaha.

chalky

International Debutant

That is what I was like during the Ashes midnight starts til 8am finishes. With a coombination of cafeene and holidays from work managed to catch pretty much all of the 1st two tests (for my sins). After that though couldn't manage it anymore So for the rest of the tour either recorded the days play or watched highlghts after work.

Anyway loving this world cup 2pm until 11pm and two weeks off work to watch the super 8s.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've not watched a single game, mainly for two reasons. Firstly, I CBF. Secondly, I don't have Foxtel, and there's no way I'm staying up until 3 am or whenever on Cricinfo. Once Channel Nine starts carrying them, though, I imagine I'll be watching a whole lot more.