• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm so tired....

Sudeep

International Captain
But has the consistency ever been there? During those six years they still didn't manage to win one test series out of Asia did they? Just now they've won outside the West Indies. One test series win overseas since the 80's isn't very good.

Yes, they reached the finals of the 2003 World Cup on the back of some good performances by Sachin Tendulkar and yes that Natwest win of 2002 was fantastic. But these are sporadic, small glimmers of success.

What about the 12 odd finals that India lost in a row? Consistency has never been India's strong suite. That is really what irks me about them. Small glimmers of success aren't really good enough in professional sport to be honest.
At least there is improvement from before. However little it be, the important fact is that we have played better in the new millennium than we did for more than a decade leading into it. Yes there are major flaws with our cricket, yes our cricketing system maybe a little corrupt, yes there's a LONG way both in terms of ability and administration to go before we can be the best, but the process has started. We, Indian fans, should not let one tournament debacle, and a mediocre year change the way we treat our cricketers.

Having said that, I know where you're coming from. I reached a point last year when I came to the US where cricket (and the Indian team) seemed to matter the least to me. But the Ashes got me back on track, and I'm just loving to be able to enjoy watching cricket again (most of the matches in this WC have been definitely worth the time).

By the way, good to have you back on the forums. :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm pretty screwed today. My mental clock is a little too good sometimes and it woke me up at 5am to watch the Irish innings after I'd fallen asleep just after 1. Might tape tonight's game tbh. Get rid of some of the old embarrassing Bangladesh tapes.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slept last night, didn't bother getting up for England vs Ireland. I plan to watch all of Australia vs Bangladesh, little sceptical about not sleeping on Monday morning since I have the 1st XV trial that night.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Going to have a tough time tonight. Didn't get much sleep last night, and probably won't get home until midnight or so tonight, with 8 hours of cricket to follow. Not convinced I'll make it, but I'll be requesting national recognition if I do.

Perm

Going to have a tough time tonight. Didn't get much sleep last night, and probably won't get home until midnight or so tonight, with 8 hours of cricket to follow. Not convinced I'll make it, but I'll be requesting national recognition if I do.
Suprised you don't have it already.

Perm

Perm, can you get rid of that bloody Adam Gilchrist avatar for god sake. You're a kiwi man!...start acting like one
If we ever get a Kiwi cricketer I admire, respect and like as much as Gilchrist then I'll gladly change it.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
It will certainly be classified as rather offensive by NZ fans if Australia defeats NZ in a sem-final or final match this world cup