• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you were born as a cricketer who would you like to be?

Protean

State Regular
Shaggy Alfresco isn't a girl - his name's William, AFAIK.
Erm I know, so why is his, or your for that matter, opinion on what girls find attractive more relevant than mine? That is what I was questioning. Not that I claim my opinion stands for all girls obviously. But to make that comment that my opinion isn't everyones just because I'm a girl is stupid.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Erm I know, so why is his, or your for that matter, opinion on what girls find attractive more relevant than mine?
Well TBF all he said was...
Good looks

Brett Lee.
Not neccessarily that all girls find him attractive.

I don't think I, or Shahid, or Xavier for that matter, were saying any one person's thoughts on who was attractive were more valid than anyone else's?

Protean

State Regular
Well TBF all he said was...

Not neccessarily that all girls find him attractive.

I don't think I, or Shahid, or Xavier for that matter, were saying any one person's thoughts on who was attractive were more valid than anyone else's?
Ok look at it this way. I expressed an opinion. Nowhere did I claim my opinion represented that of everyone who happens to share a gender with me. I don't need to be told it may not hold true for others. That is so obvious it really doesn't need to be said. Also I don't appreciate being called "dear", for future reference, it sounds incredibly patronising, even though I don't think you meant it that way roseboy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rose calls most girls "dear" FTR, he's called Sammie it for years (and yeah you're not the first to suggest it's patronising either FTR). He certainly didn't mean anything untoward. I had a mate of mine tell me off for calling her "babe" once, ages ago, despite the fact I call pretty much all my female friends of my age-group the same thing and most take it for granted.

For my part, I think all I've ever done throughout the whole saga is say that I do think Brett Lee is a decent-looking fellow (one I'd certainly not mind resembling), don't think I've said mine, or yours, or Shahid's, opinion represents anything other than precisely what it is. Yes?

Protean

State Regular
For my part, I think all I've ever done throughout the whole saga is say that I do think Brett Lee is a decent-looking fellow (one I'd certainly not mind resembling), don't think I've said mine, or yours, or Shahid's, opinion represents anything other than precisely what it is. Yes?
Yes. Nothing I said was aimed towards you at all. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Miller's a very good shout, as is Imran who's his equal as a player (or thereabouts) but better looking.

But has to be Denis Compton for me; amazing batsman, cut a dash with the ladies & played for The Arsenal too. :cool:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry to hijack the thread...BP, how in the hell is Shaun Pollock a better all-rounder than Sir Ian Botham? :laugh:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
In short,

As a batsman: Ian Botham>>Shaun Pollock
As a bowler:Shaun Pollock>>>>Ian Botham.
The difference between Botham's batting and Pollock's batting is much larger than their difference as bowlers. Lest you've misjudged, Pollock's average looks close because he has had 39 not outs to Botham's 6. But let's not get into a to-and-fro because the thread is not about these two. Thanks for your reply.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Shaun Pollock better allrounder than Ian Botham. Wow. I have heard it all now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Shaun Pollock better allrounder than Ian Botham. Wow. I have heard it all now.
*Fights urge to open Shaun Pollock v. Ian Botham Public Poll*

I Pollocks 39 not outs are as much a testament to him batting too far down the order in a lineup crammed with batsmen to be able to complete most of his innings before he either runs out of partners or the match ends as anything else...