• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you were born as a cricketer who would you like to be?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
the man who extracted every last morsel from the skills he had and turned one of the typically greatest weaknesses of a seam-bowler into a massive strength...
He was tremendously strong though, it has to be said.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, yes, but strength is not neccessarily even an advantage, never mind a considerable one, for a seam-bowler.

Height (6ft or so at worst) is almost always a prerequistite to be a particularly good Test bowler, never mind a top-of-the-tree one. Marshall is one of a very select club to be a very good Test bowler at such a short height; to become the man so many (myself included) rate the finest seam-bowler to play the game from such a height was nothing short of astonishing.

bagapath

International Captain
tiger o'reilly

best bowler in the history of the game, till he died

great cricket writer after retirement

had the guts to take on the biggest cricketer of all time on ideological differences but also had the dignity to never change that disagreement into a barking match (and yes, i would have liked to laugh with fingleton when my enemy gets out for a 0 in his highly publicized last innings)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well yeah, of course they do - so do corrections.

There's no malice - the lad's only 11! :)

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I would like be a Stephen Fleming. Great Captain with good understanding of the game