• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much will you watch?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:D

It's times like these I wish my friends liked cricket.
Yeah I have this problem, none of the people I live with are the least bit interested apart from my girlfriend who doesnt really want to watch cricket but will enjoy Australia winning. She is looking forward to going to Lords though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket on pub TVs is worth a thread to itself I think - very much of a 'grumpy old man' nature from me. I don't mind being the only one watching, or even having to watch with the sound down while horrible music plays - but as soon as the place starts to fill up they switch over to any football match that happens to be on, if it's within an hour of kick-off. Did that once when I'd just bought a pint. :@
It's infuriating. I asked them to switch over once while we were having breakfast in Manchester during the Eng-WI series. Sky Sports ****ing News was on instead. They said they were kinda busy so they'd press a button on a remote control when they got the chance. They never did. I asked them three more times and they just got snappier. ****ing wankers. Won't be going into that bar again.

It's the Oxford, for anyone in the area who wants to know where not to go to watch cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh God, just had major panic as my Virgin sky and internet broke for two hours, cue lots of panicked phone calls to Virgin worried that I wouldn't have sky for Wednesday. Thankfully it's just spontaneously fixed itself!
Our Virgin internet breaks down with far more regularity than it should, though the TV is yet to go the same way... have had other near-the-worst-possible-time heart-stop cases with various TV breakdowns before now however.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not going to be able to watch as much as I planned to because of the new job. Might have to depend on rebroadcasts and what little I can catch.

Pothas

yeah could have been called New Holland or something couldnt it? Also is it true that New Zealand was almost envolved in federation as well?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah could have been called New Holland or something couldnt it? Also is it true that New Zealand was almost envolved in federation as well?
Yeah, apparently so. Denied us a raft of good rugby players, better skiing a decent international left arm tweaker.

Son Of Coco

True. They very nearly didn't join in 1901, and Labor didn't pick up a seat there in 07.

Gave us Dennis Lillee and Gilly though.
Hey! NSW gave us Gilly...WA gave us the chance to see him in action earlier though.

Craig

World Traveller
I had been roped into seeing Bruno tonight, but plans changed, so I will be watching the Ashes :D

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Been a long time since I've seen so many people in work as early as today - I think there may be a slightly earlier exodus than normal!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watched the entire first days play while packing up my stuff for when I move out.

Suffering so much now at work..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Reminds me of the time when I listened to Anyone Of Us by Gareth Gates on the night of 30\31 August 2002 as I packed all my stuff in my very-considerable bedroom for our house-move the next day. Didn't sleep at all that night and was vaguely zombie-esque during the move the next day.

Whenever I see an empty-ish room after that day that song has always come into my head.