• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much will you watch?

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Oh, were you on about the CW member vogue? She's rather too old for him, no?

...think I asked you how old you thought I was because it sounded from the above that you were making me out to be virtually past it! ...and although I dont think you were being intentionally rude,as you dont know my age , you were making quite an assumption there..still...you are entitled to your opinions and assumptions....:)

Don't really think there's anything wrong with going with someone ten years or so older as long as you're not a kid...
...and tend to agree here,without going into too much of a debate about it...:)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
...think I asked you how old you thought I was because it sounded from the above that you were making me out to be virtually past it! ...and although I dont think you were being intentionally rude,as you dont know my age , you were making quite an assumption there..still...you are entitled to your opinions and assumptions....:)
As I say, certainly not assuming anyone to be past "it" - in my experience that doesn't come until a very late age indeed, and certainly not the mid-30s - but you're a good bit older than Pothas, of that there's no doubt at all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Really? I've only ever used it in a harmless jokey way. Nothing to it IMO.
Personally I take it to be a term that's fine when used jokey but may not come across well on the net. That sort of thing is a very sensitive topic, see the kick in the balls thread in OT

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Personally I take it to be a term that's fine when used jokey but may not come across well on the net.
Yeah AWTA.

Certainly would be more careful in future, Richard, as while it can be a joke, it can also be a serious accusation/criticism. I know you didn't mean to cause offence here (and evidently haven't, really) but offence is determined by who receives it; not who causes it.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fair enough, @ both of you.

FTR have actually had the phrase "tsk, robbing the cradle" aimed at me on CW, many years ago. Telling that the person who used it was someone I knew well before said post. Someone whose search-feature skills (or even memory) were really good might even be able to find it.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Edgbaston tickets arrived in the post today. Have just spent an enjoyable 5 minutes fondling them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, my mate who got them for me mailed me today saying they still hadn't arrived. Then I got a txt tonight telling me they had :D

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
This time I really went for it - got Warks membership last year, and Yorkshire both last year and this, so as to ensure tickets. Still waiting for Headingley tx to arrive though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Considered Yorkshire membership then snapped out of it. DOn't tell steds, for god's sake.

also z, u got mail

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Also got my headingly tickets in the post today, although they nearly went straight in a bin because they came in a big A4 folder which said 'Welcome To Yorkshire' on the front, had a letter than said 'Welcome To Yorkshire' on the top and a 64 page brochure about Yorkshire, Only at the very back did i discover my tickets.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
you bastards, you're making me paranoid with your stories of receiving your so-called Headingley tickets - where are mine? Where are mine? Have they been stolen in the post by some antipodean recidivist?

God, Ashes years are so ****ing stressful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also got my headingly tickets in the post today, although they nearly went straight in a bin because they came in a big A4 folder which said 'Welcome To Yorkshire' on the front, had a letter than said 'Welcome To Yorkshire' on the top and a 64 page brochure about Yorkshire, Only at the very back did i discover my tickets.
propaganda of the worst kind. I bet they'll try and keep you there as well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't allowed to cross the border for 14 years in the 80's-90's, I had to miss out on school trips and stuff because, since my Mum and her family are from Yorkshire there was a worry the Yorkie authorities would try and kidnap me. Never did get to go to Eureka

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wasn't allowed to cross the border for 14 years in the 80's-90's, I had to miss out on school trips and stuff because, since my Mum and her family are from Yorkshire there was a worry the Yorkie authorities would try and kidnap me. Never did get to go to Eureka
:-O

fell of my chair tbh, and I'm sitting on the couch

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
:-O

fell of my chair tbh, and I'm sitting on the couch
Her family left when she was a baby(seeking asylum in Bedfordshire), and she only found out about the terrible secret when she applied for her first passport when she was 24 and it came back with 'République française' on the front.