• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many Centuries Will Phil Hughes Score?

Matt79

Global Moderator
That's why he'll never be referred to as the "new Bradman". Instead, Bradman will become the "old Hughes"

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
5, will get robbed of 5 hundreds due to innings wins.

Real question is how many triple hundred he will score. Answer four, with one quad.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't wait to see whether he gets destroyed by England, and confounds so many premature big-headed claims.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And here I was thinking Richard was going to join in the fun and say "4 quadruples plus 700* in the last test in a total of 750" :happy:

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Hughes has done well thus far, but it's a whole different experience in the Ashes. There have been top quality players who flop in the Ashes.

County bowling isn't exactly the best ,especially in division 2. I'd get a game in most of those counties. Lol.

I think he'll score a century at Lord's in the 1st innings and a duck in the 2nd innings and a century at Edgbaston.

I don't think he'll get a century at the Swalec, The Oval or Headingley though.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Can't wait to see whether he gets destroyed by England, and confounds so many premature big-headed claims.
Ha ha.

Yep.

It'll be good for his development since he seems like a ****y bastard.

He hasn't face swing bowlers the quality of Jimmy Anderson yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, I obviously wouldn't mind, but I enjoy seeing big-headed premature "it will happen"s (that's not even a prediction - it's a declaration) turning-out plain wrong more even than I enjoy my team winning.

TBH.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Well he also killed South Africa in South Africa.
Yes, he did very well but again, it was only 3 tests.

Once bowlers and coaches work out his weakness and bowl to them, we'll see how good/bad a batsman he is.

TBF, with a record like that, I think you could excuse him for being a bit ****y.
Not after 6 innings.

After 25-30 averaging 69 with 10 centuries then maybe, but not 1 series.

South Africa isn't the terror it was during the Donald era.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well he has scored 2500 odd FC runs at pretty much 70 with 10 100s, this coming in State Cricket, South Africa (Tests) and early season CC, all of which are hard places to score runs.

BTW I do realise I am directly plagiarising someone's post from CC.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Steyn is a better bowler but not purely on swing.

It doesn't always swing in South Africa but it normally does in England and Anderson at the moment has awesome control. He can make left handers especially look stupid.

Plus, I forgot to mention, Hughes hasn't faced a spinner the quality of Swann either and isn't great against spin from what I've seen.

* Please don't post a picture of Harris.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah Harris isn't even a spinner anyway. Loved it on TMS when Boycs refused to call him anything other than a 'Slow Bowler'.