• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many Centuries Will Phil Hughes Score?

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
:)

Didn't say it was all your fault, did I?

And if you don't care whether people on a CRICKET FORUM misinterpret you, why are you arguing about?
None of it is my fault if they jump to conclusions is it, surely?

I don't care how people perceive me, I'm just struck at how OTT a bunch of moronic forumites can go when they don't agree with something and I wont have a bunch of people who probably still haven't figured out how to tie their shoelaces, trying to argue with me- especially when they have no genuine counter to my point.

It's strange, though I must admit I expected it to a degree.

Only "Burgey" and "Vic_Orthodox" have posted with counterpoints for which I respect them, even if they got the wrong end of the stick & assumed I meant Hughes was a ****ty person because I called him "****y" in a cricketing sense.

odd considering Hughes is Sri Lankan8-)
But for there to be not 1 non-Australian arguing the case is strange- especially on an internet forum where people argue any case.

Either they don't have an opinion in which case they haven't posted, or they agree.

Pipe down mate, you're embarassing your country
Why, for stating an opinion?

I notice you haven't argued with my point, but you just decided to jump into a thread you have no opinion about either way JUST to have a post in said thread. It's a pathetic.

...So maybe he was right.
That's the only smart thing you've said this whole thread.

Must be a full moon.

I think there's virtually zero chance riveira is Precambrian. He resembles C_C far more than Precambrian.

EDIT: that's not to say there's a strong chance he is C_C either, just that if his account is a d00plicate, it's someone other than Precambrian.
I don't know who Precambrian or C_C are but I'm glad there are others who speak their mind.

All the admin would need to do is check my IP address and that of the other 2 you mention so not sure why there's a problem.

Well, I think it might have been his rather fanatical focus on slipping in a dig at Australia and general posting style that raised suspicions rather than the fact that he just started posting and he's from England. Common sense mixed with nonsense was our mate's trademark after all.

Must admit it was confusing though, as even though he sounded a bit like Precum to me, I've met a lot people like him in pubs and chippies in England - big mouths and hate someone saying something in return. So I'm glad it's all clear now. It's good to know he's a new addition. It's a pity we pass like ships in the night here though, it means our love will never truly blossom.

(I should just note, I've met plenty in other places too.)
I don't mind someone saying something in return at all (actually, I like the debate) as long as it is relevent- but your posts in this thread are irrelevent drivel spouted from the typical dumb convict-decended **** I expect when I think of "Australia". You were obviously spoiling for a fight just because I called your new hero "****y" so congrats for completely dispelling the stereotype.

I've met plenty of people like you too, though they don't often get as smart-arsed as you are when they aren't safely behind their keyboard.

I can understand why you're so pissy, hell, there hasn't been any ****y Australian cricketers over the years has there..........

pasag

RTDAS
Right, cut it out, all of you. Any more of this rubbish (anything personal or not related to Hughes) will be deleted and bannings considered.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I apologise and agree it got out of hand.

---

Anyways, on Hughes, I think he'll score a century at Lord's and 1 other, though not @ Cardiff or Headingley.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know who Precambrian or C_C are but I'm glad there are others who speak their mind.

All the admin would need to do is check my IP address and that of the other 2 you mention so not sure why there's a problem.
That isn't actually strictly true - Precambrian has been a particularly generic trouble-maker because he's not instantly identifiable via IP checks, as he's using techniques to mask it.

PS, I do hope Gelman won't delete this as it's intended for the information of rivera213 in order to hopefully aid his understanding of the situation and not to increase confrontation.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
That isn't actually strictly true - Precambrian has been a particularly generic trouble-maker because he's not instantly identifiable via IP checks, as he's using techniques to mask it.

PS, I do hope Gelman won't delete this as it's intended for the information of rivera213 in order to hopefully aid his understanding of the situation and not to increase confrontation.
Oh, in that case I don't know what to suggest- except maybe Precambrian finding something better to do with his/her time.

I can only give my word I'm not him/her or C_C either, and that I'm not trying to intentionally create a flame war.

The mistaken identity explains away some of the OTT responses to my point though, I suppose.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, for the record mate, welcome to CW (maybe a bit belated hey?). As I implied earlier would hate this to be a place where people with strong opinions didn't feel welcome.

I think Hughes is an extremely confident cricketer, and that at some stage he'll go through a form slump an lose some of that brashness but probably become even better for the experience.

As for whether he's unpleasnatly up himself as a person, simply haven't seen that from him to date, in the extremely limited exposure to him.

As for why only Aussies are defending him, he's only been on the international scene for a matter of months - probably very few fans for other countries feel qualified to comment. If someone said Graham Onions was a horrible person, I would expect only people in England would be placed to comment.

Hope you like the place and stick around - might want to ease up on the abuse of forum users and on people from other countries if you don't want to be constantly flaming.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, for the record mate, welcome to CW (maybe a bit belated hey?). As I implied earlier would hate this to be a place where people with strong opinions didn't feel welcome.

I think Hughes is an extremely confident cricketer, and that at some stage he'll go through a form slump an lose some of that brashness but probably become even better for the experience.

As for whether he's unpleasnatly up himself as a person, simply haven't seen that from him to date, in the extremely limited exposure to him.

As for why only Aussies are defending him, he's only been on the international scene for a matter of months - probably very few fans for other countries feel qualified to comment. If someone said Graham Onions was a horrible person, I would expect only people in England would be placed to comment.

Hope you like the place and stick around - might want to ease up on the abuse of forum users and on people from other countries if you don't want to be constantly flaming.
Yeah I agree...disagree my posts were irrelevant drivel simply because they were in direct opposition to yours though Riviera. It's easy to pass off other's comments as such and then call it 'debate'. There was no 'spoiling for a fight', just a simple enquiry as to how you knew. That question's been answered.

But it's been put to bed now anyway.

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain

Cheers.

Yeah, Hughes has had an excellent start to his test career which is made even more impressive being it's in a foreign country and after the worst possible start.

With all the scouting and video nowadays, computer techniology etc, people will find his weakness and the test of his ability will be when bowlers bowl to that weakness consistently.

I don't think he'll have a problem long term though. I can't see such a weakness which'll hamper him. Another left hander (not as good but just used for comparison) Alastair Cook has a chronic front-foot stroke problem which although he's rectifying, will always be a weakness. Hughes' unorthodoxy is probably hard to bowl to and I haven't seen a weakness yet.

Hopefully his average and hundreds per innings ration doesn't stay as good (against England anyway) since we wont get the Ashes back for another 15 years!

I think Hughes will score a century at Lord's (I'll be going so I may have to run on the field and take him out if he's looking too dangerous :laugh: ) and probably at Edgbaston, or if the wicket is as poor as it was for Middlesex vs Surrey, at the Oval.

Yeah I agree...disagree my posts were irrelevant drivel simply because they were in direct opposition to yours though Riviera. It's easy to pass off other's comments as such and then call it 'debate'. There was no 'spoiling for a fight', just a simple enquiry as to how you knew. That question's been answered.

But it's been put to bed now anyway.
Sorry about being uber-aggressive and personal. I don't mind debate at all.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hughes was apparently in Sonny Bill Williams' crew last night at the fights.

So, look for Hughes to walk out after three tests, on the advice of Khoder Nasser, and join French Rugby as a half back.

Redbacks

International Captain

So, look for Hughes to walk out after three tests, on the advice of Khoder Nasser, and join French Rugby as a half back.
yep, just saw the footage on fox sports news :blink: perhaps rivera213 was on to something :wacko:

Matt79

Global Moderator

Strongest argument I've yet seen for Hughes being a knob.

chris hall

Cricket Spectator
he wont score any think all austrailia's hopes will rest on ponting and clarke as they usually do but i do think hussey will have a great series scoring well over 400 runs