• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I like what you're doing in this thread G.I.Joe. :D
I'm disappointed that our resident geologist Flem274* hasn't remarked on how the tiny Zealandia continent punches above its weight in the plate tectonic stakes.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So, though the Pakistan team still have to be tested more in different conditions(and even this series maybe), they have done remarkably well to recover from the turmoil they were in not so long ago.

Credit should go to Waqar and Misbah too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Misbah needs huuuuuuuuuge credit. One of the best captains in world cricket without a shadow of a doubt.

uvelocity

International Coach
I'm disappointed that our resident geologist Flem274* hasn't remarked on how the tiny Zealandia continent punches above its weight in the plate tectonic stakes.
probably should go through to the keeper, but seeing as this thread is bumped - probably not the most pleasant smelling comment.

NZ had a bit of a rough time of that, not really cricket is it?

Xuhaib

International Coach
think we can beat anyone in subcont/ME but will struggle outside these conditions not different to other sub cont sides.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am wondering how Misbah would have handled Aamer/Asif infact how the current side would have fared with those two in the side ofcourse assuming they were playing fair.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Yousuf or Salman Butt handled them too well tbh...so wouldn't expect Misbah to be any different..would take out second slip after 6 overs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I am wondering how Misbah would have handled Aamer/Asif infact how the current side would have fared with those two in the side ofcourse assuming they were playing fair.
I actually reckon they'd be worse with Asif and Amir.

I think part of Pakistan's revival over the last year has been down to the lack of "stars" and instead having a team of talented players that are proud to represent their country and who'll give 100% every single delivery.

Someone like Umar Gul might not be as talented as Amir or Asif but I think Pakistani cricket is far better served for having him as the pace spearhead.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
There could have been a place for Amir in this squad, but not for Asif. He doesn't fit into a squad of hard working and honest guys. The guy is an infection and a trouble maker. I bet it was him who ruined Amir. Not surprised that Akhtar once hit him with the bat.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There could have been a place for Amir in this squad, but not for Asif. He doesn't fit into a squad of hard working and honest guys. The guy is an infection and a trouble maker. I bet it was him who ruined Amir. Not surprised that Akhtar once hit him with the bat.
Quite possibly, it's a shame for cricket that we'll never know the answer to that.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh::laugh:

Akhtar hit him accidentally...he went for Afridi..I believe that story because I have witnessed something similar in real life..Guy 1 trying to hit Guy 2, raises bat in fury, hits Guy 3 by accident.

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh:WAFC

probably should go through to the keeper, but seeing as this thread is bumped - probably not the most pleasant smelling comment.

NZ had a bit of a rough time of that, not really cricket is it?
Considering everyone north of Banks Peninsula was discussing how the first earthquake brought billions of dollars worth of improvement to the city, I think Joe's post is fine.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I think part of Pakistan's revival over the last year has been down to the lack of "stars" and instead having a team of talented players that are proud to represent their country and who'll give 100% every single delivery.
I agree with this, and you can see it in the body language of the players and in the chat. Pakistan is a green machine now, I think gone are the days when an opposition 50 partnership or Pakistan losing two quick wickets would break the morale of the team.

Pakistan always had the killer instinct when winning, though, so if they keep that they'll be formidable.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Most England fans r either high on some good **** or simply dont understand cricket...pak bowlers and specially spinners dominated a batting side that is well known in playing spin (sri lankan)...if we go historically and even by recent series in india..English players have always struggled against spinn...this England side struggled against REVINDRA JADEJA WHEN they were in in India..how would they play a world class bowler like ajmal.. specially when he is supported by the likes of afridi , rahman, and hafeez..
I would say pak will win odi and test..I am soo sure of this that I am willing to put my moustache on the line..
For the past 2 months or so I have been trying to grow my moustache like chulbul pandey from dabanggg..i finaly have it that way nicely just like salu bhai..I will shave my moustache if England win any of odi or test series. In plain Hindi/ urdu mounch mound waa donga..
Well, Joker4life's moustache seems safe for now. :(

Not such a poor post in hindsight minus the tone. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, though have to say the Pakistani team has surprised me quite a bit with the fight, discipline and ability to not choke and throw it away under pressure that they have shown so far in this series.

Can't believe some people are still unhappy with Misbah WAG!!

Edit - Btw, are Pakistan coming to India as scheduled or not? The series was off i believe, but can't find anything definitive. Would love to see a India vs Pak series right now.

Last edited: