• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Does it also rain at other times of the year?

What's the breakdown in cms per month?
The average temperature in Pakistan is 23.9 °C (75 °F).
The range of average monthly temperatures is 21 °C.
The warmest average max/ high temperature is 41 °C (106 °F) in June.
The coolest average min/ low temperature is 5 °C (41 °F) in January & December.
Pakistan receives on average 489 mm (19.3 in) of precipitation annually or 41 mm (1.6 in) each month.
On balance there are 49 days annually on which greater than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow or hail) occurrs or 4 days on an average month.
The month with the driest weather is November when on balance 3 mm (0.1 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across <1 days.
The month with the wettest weather is July when on balance 138 mm (5.4 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across 9 days.
Mean relative humidity for an average year is recorded as 37.9% and on a monthly basis it ranges from 20% in May to 58% in August.
There is an average range of hours of sunshine in Pakistan of between 6.8 hours per day in January and 9.9 hours per day in May.
On balance there are 3094 sunshine hours annually and approximately 8.5 sunlight hours for each day.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The average temperature in Pakistan is 23.9 °C (75 °F).
The range of average monthly temperatures is 21 °C.
The warmest average max/ high temperature is 41 °C (106 °F) in June.
The coolest average min/ low temperature is 5 °C (41 °F) in January & December.
Pakistan receives on average 489 mm (19.3 in) of precipitation annually or 41 mm (1.6 in) each month.
On balance there are 49 days annually on which greater than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow or hail) occurrs or 4 days on an average month.
The month with the driest weather is November when on balance 3 mm (0.1 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across <1 days.
The month with the wettest weather is July when on balance 138 mm (5.4 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across 9 days.
Mean relative humidity for an average year is recorded as 37.9% and on a monthly basis it ranges from 20% in May to 58% in August.
There is an average range of hours of sunshine in Pakistan of between 6.8 hours per day in January and 9.9 hours per day in May.
On balance there are 3094 sunshine hours annually and approximately 8.5 sunlight hours for each day.
Why do you suppose India is able to produce precipitation in November while Pakistan can't? It can't be diet. My theory is that India's monsoon acts as a role model for producing showers in the winter too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Usman averaged 17 in his first season however since then over a period of 22 games he's averaging 70 even in Pentangular cup he averages a decent 45 though without a hundred. IMO if he has a good Pentangular he should be in line for a test selction though ofcourse I would want Fawad to get a go before him.

Two more guys caught my eye Mohammad Ayub Saeed bin Nasir

Ayub is averaging 50 over the last 4 seasons while Saeed has averaged 40+ in atleast 5 of the last 6 seasons.. Both are 32 ideal Misbah replacements.:p
Yeah Ayub is a gun; I first noticed him when I did the player ratings for the first CPL a while ago; he was the best batsman not picked. Could definitely 'do a Misbah' but I'd be surprised if he ever got picked itbt.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Am I right in saying that the last 3 English vs. Pakistan test series have had the following:

1. Afridi pitch incident
2. Oval-gate
3. Spot-fixing scandal

?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Am I right in saying that the last 3 English vs. Pakistan test series have had the following:

1. Afridi pitch incident
2. Oval-gate
3. Spot-fixing scandal

?
I remember a Cricinfo piece listing some controversy in every England-Pakistan series going back to Gattinggate '87. Oddly it was intended as a 'preview' of the 2010 series.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach

1. Afridi pitch incident
2. Oval-gate
3. Spot-fixing scandal

?
stakes keep getting higher every series maybe we will see something unique this time like Afridi eating a ball.:ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah Ayub is a gun; I first noticed him when I did the player ratings for the first CPL a while ago; he was the best batsman not picked. Could definitely 'do a Misbah' but I'd be surprised if he ever got picked itbt.
he was picked as a reserve for BDseries he's from Sialkot the cricket association of Sialkot is getting quite influential in Pakistan cricket so i will not rule out his inclusion.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why do you suppose India is able to produce precipitation in November while Pakistan can't? It can't be diet. My theory is that India's monsoon acts as a role model for producing showers in the winter too.
I am sure Indian's do climate tampering during the monsoon thats why they produce more showers in the winters.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
He's sticking to the topic. :laugh:

Really surprised about Azhar's record in FC cricket recently. I hope it doesn't effect his Test career, because he is desperately needed as our long-term no 3. In fact I would like to see him being groomed for captain.

Let's hope that under Misbah there is no controversy.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I remember a Cricinfo piece listing some controversy in every England-Pakistan series going back to Gattinggate '87. Oddly it was intended as a 'preview' of the 2010 series.
1992 we had the ball tampering controversy.

2000/01 was our win in Karachi in pitch black conditions after the Pakistan captain ****ed around with over-rates to try and deny a win.

Xuhaib

International Coach
1992 we had the ball tampering controversy.

2000/01 was our win in Karachi in pitch black conditions after the Pakistan captain ****ed around with over-rates to try and deny a win.
don't remember Scotland ever winning a test match in Karachi.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Now I know where our rains went... :p