• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Better than I expected and most of the credit for that has to go to Misbah.

Certainly one of the top 4 sides right now along with England, SA and Australia.

Only downer is they are quite an old side so it may be a short lived very good run unless they can replace the players well as and when is needed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Better than I expected and most of the credit for that has to go to Misbah.

Certainly one of the top 4 sides right now along with England, SA and Australia.

Only downer is they are quite an old side so it may be a short lived very good run unless they can replace the players well as and when is needed.
Yeah their best five players are all over 30. Tells you something though.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I think Pakistan are world beaters in UAE tbh....before it used to be Sharjah and now the other 2 venues as well.....

If Pakistan plays their home series in UAE there will be a lot more wins for Pakistan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's certainly had an awesome last couple of months though; no concerns over his hunger for runs or general performance level so far at all. Hopefully he backs it up in the Pentangular tournament this season
Two tons in three games; averaging almost 90. He has arrived. And all anyone wants to do is talk about Umar ****ing Akmal.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Two tons in three games; averaging almost 90. He has arrived. And all anyone wants to do is talk about Umar ****ing Akmal.
Scored against KP and Baluchistan two of the weaker regions if he gets a score against Federal areas or Sindh then that will be something to get excited about.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I just checked Usman's stats again.
In 2011-2012 Quaid Azam Divison two :
Scoring 975 runs from 14 innings at an average of 81 with 4 Centuries and 5 Fifties.

In the current 2011-2012 Faysal Bank Pentangular Cup, He is the leading top scorrer now:
Scoring 322 runs from 5 innings at an average of 107 with 2 centuries and a fifty (yet).
And Pentangular cup is no joke. bowlers like Tanveer Ahmed and Danish Kaneria are not easy to play.

Fawad Alam anybody :(

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Excellent. Love this guy. Fawad had an OK game after a long time. Hope he is back to his Bradman like best in the next match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sadaf has gone off the boil:(
Meh; one ineffective innings is hardly anything to get too concerned about, especially since he didn't exactly get smashed. Took 4/66 in the first dig and I reckon I'd go as far to say that he had a better match than Rahat overall; obviously it's impossible to really tell without actually watching the game though.