• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Good is Tamim?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eh, cbf. People like you always defend themselves with that bull**** argument. Parochialism is boring. If I wanted to see a cheerleader, I'd go to an IPL game.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Eh, cbf. People like you always defend themselves with that bull**** argument. Parochialism is boring. If I wanted to see a cheerleader, I'd go to an IPL game.
"Parochialism is boring"? maybe, but so is moaning posters who don't add nothing conducive to a debate and come forth with the same old tedious "oh ffs not this again" line when NO-ONE is forcing them to read this thread!! 8-) , if i wanted to see people moaning i'd watch 'one foot in the grave'.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Barath has only had 4 innings. I would pick Tamim before him if I was a WI selector as Barath is unproven.
I am glad for the West Indies that they have a prospect though.

flibbertyjibber

Looks a very exciting talent of my favourite players and i hope he dishes up more of the same at OT this week.

Just remember he needs an operation on a wrist injury and did that wonder knock at Lords despite needing the surgery.WAG.

I bet the English counties will be desperate to sign him for next season,even if it is just for 20/20.I expect he'll get a full season contract though.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Maybe SA also as companion to Smith, unless Peterson keeps the promise he's shown.

And Australia if Watson wasn't any good with the ball (due respects to Hughes)
you're not seriously suggesting that you wouldn't pick watson just on his batting?

Sir Alex

Banned
you're not seriously suggesting that you wouldn't pick watson just on his batting?
Um their test batting is mighty similar at this point in time.

Watson - 18 tests, 1183 @ 39.43, 1 hundred, 9 50s
Tamim - 18 tests, 1335 @ 39.26, 3 hundreds, 8 50s

I'd just go for Tamim purely as a batsman. However bowling tilts it in favor of Watto.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Um their test batting is mighty similar at this point in time.

Watson - 18 tests, 1183 @ 39.43, 1 hundred, 9 50s
Tamim - 18 tests, 1335 @ 39.26, 3 hundreds, 18 50s

I'd just go for Tamim purely as a batsman. However bowling tilts it in favor of Watto.
18 50s?

Methinks you wrote the wrong thing there :laugh:

Besides, Watson had an awful start, he's really quality at the moment.

Though I'd probably play Tamim over North tbh.

Sir Alex

Banned
18 50s?

Methinks you wrote the wrong thing there :laugh:

Besides, Watson had an awful start, he's really quality at the moment.

Though I'd probably play Tamim over North tbh.
:p Yeah the "1" crept in somehow.

Both Watto and Tamim has had eerily similar last 12 months as well, just 2-4 runs seperate them iirc, and they average in the mid fifties. The only difference being Watto is touching 29, Tamim's 21.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tamin will rule the world when he gets his shot selection sorted out. Wonderful eye and beautiful striker of the ball. Pleasure watching the boy play.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Guys, can we stick to the discussion at hand, rather than derail the thread with repetitive junk please.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Tamim is a big talent. I have rated him highly for a while now.

The initial years of not having too much competition in Bangladesh and a regular run have helped him ,but now once he starts to establish himself the lack of support in that team could hinder him big time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone who thinks Tamim would be getting anywhere the Australian, English or South African teams right now is kidding themselves. He'd be regarded as an up-and-coming talent, probably just about to enter his first proper full First Class season - second if he's lucky.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He mightn't get in our test XI, but would be pretty confident he'd be a shoo in for our limited overs teams.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, not too much doubt in my mind, tbh. Patently a classier batsman than Lumb and would back him to be more effective at the top of the order than Strauss in ODIs.

If you look at who we've given caps to over the last 18 months or so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine him making either team.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His records in both forms are pretty poor and so long as Strauss is ODI captain there's only one slot at the top of the order there. If it was just because of ability then Strauss wouldn't be there now.
Then again playing well doesn't actually result in selection does it, see Steven Davies for confirmation on that matter (Or Eoin Morgan in Tests for the opposite :ph34r:)

Last edited:

_Ed_

NO-ONE is forcing them to read this thread!!
But the issue is I looked at this thread expecting to read what people have to say about Tamim (as astonishing as that may be, looking at the thread title), not young West Indies batsmen.