• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Samaraveera gotten rid of the FTB tag?

Has Samaraveera gotten rid of the FTB tag?

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think Furball is speaking as a neutral here.

Whether that is joke on Pietersen being Saffer or Furball being Scottish is for you to pick :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Eh?

Migara and weldone are putting words in my mouth. The only opinion I've offered is that Samaraweera was rubbish in England.

Jacknife

International Captain
So runs in draws don't count any more apparently.
If this is aimed towards me, there's nothing like putting words into someone's mouth is there mate, so where did I say that. I responded to the guy who said that Samaraverra often guiding SL to safety in England, I pointed out he didn't, he did it once., where he put on some runs with Sangakkara.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this is aimed towards me, there's nothing like putting words into someone's mouth is there mate, so where did I say that. I responded to the guy who said that Samaraverra often guiding SL to safety in England, I pointed out he didn't, he did it once., where he put on some runs with Sangakkara.
I wasn't commenting on his performance in the series or your comment specifically, I just get annoyed when someone says player X scored his runs in a draw and therefore they aren't valuable.

I'll be honest though, I did misunderstand your comment earlier and didn't realise the point you were trying to make about Sam not guiding SL as often as nomanclature suggested, which lead to me getting annoyed for nothing :p

Jacknife

International Captain
I wasn't commenting on his performance in the series or your comment specifically, I just get annoyed when someone says player X scored his runs in a draw and therefore they aren't valuable.

I'll be honest though, I did misunderstand your comment earlier and didn't realise the point you were trying to make about Sam not guiding SL as often as nomanclature suggested, which lead to me getting annoyed for nothing :p
:thumbsup:

miscer

U19 Cricketer
samaraweera is not a flat track bully. that's back to back 100s v SA in SA now. Averages 40 combined in eng, sa, aus and nz. not great but right there with sangakkara and above jayawardene.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If Samaraweera is a flat track bully, then so is Jayawardene.. he is at least better than Jayawardene overseas. Why was he dropped for the Pakistan series despite scoring an unbeaten 87 in England in the final test?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha, but people who couldn't score on dustbowls never called FTBs. It's ****ing hypocritical when Sam averaging 38 outside SC called a FTB, but Pietersen averaging 38 in SC not called such.
The reason for that is outside SC is 5 major test playing nations..

Sri Lanka is one nation.

Being average in 1 nation > being average in 5 (this will change now with his performances in South Africa)

Daemon

The reason for that is outside SC is 5 major test playing nations..

Sri Lanka is one nation.

Being average in 1 nation > being average in 5 (this will change now with his performances in South Africa)
I count three and a half

Daemon

In Aus - 136 @ 22.26
In Bang - 326 @ 54.33
In Eng - 219 @ 27.37
In India - 193 @ 24.12
In NZ - 178 @ 59.33
In Pak - 633 @ 90.42
In SA - 339 @ 67.80
In SL - 2762 @ 60.04
In WI - 198 @ 49.50
In Zim - 38 @ 38

So basically your assertion that being gun in SL while being below average in 5 other major test playing nations isn't true. He's done poorly in Aus, Eng and India as far as I can see, (which make up 26/114 of his innings) while being pretty damn good at home and countries like Pakistan and now more recently SA .

He's been really valuable to the SL side afaik.

Last edited: