• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More worried about the poor bastard who has to tell him. It's 24-1 DPRK's way in tomorrow's local paper anyway.
The coverage I saw actually said the match was being broadcast live on TV there. I wonder whose decision that was, and how safe their job is now.

Steulen

International Regular
The coverage I saw actually said the match was being broadcast live on TV there. I wonder whose decision that was, and how safe their job is now.
Probably got blacked out after 2-0 tbf. Such a shame as they now couldn't witness the heroic 3-2 come-from-behind win dedicated to the Dear Leader with their own eyes.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I know its all in jest, but it doesn't make sense for the North Koreans to pretend they made a great comeback in the game, for their home audience. Why not just stay at home and pretend they've won the damn World Cup each and every time it has been played? :p

Maybe they have :-O

Craig

World Traveller
Before the World Cup Kim Jong II had issued an edict to the North Korean broadcasters to specially edit the matches to make the regime look good. How will they do it with this result?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before the World Cup Kim Jong II had issued an edict to the North Korean broadcasters to specially edit the matches to make the regime look good. How will they do it with this result?
They'll splice it together with parts of the Lego version and Team America World Police I'd say.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah they showed it on ITV last night as well where one of the players celebrated a miss so it could be easily edited

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yugoslavia were 6-0 at first half vs Scotland in 1974 world cup.

Also Hungary were 5-2 against West Germany in 54 world cup.

Hungary scored 7 goals in the second half during their 10-1 humiliation of El Salvador in 1982 wc
We drew 1-1 with Yugoslavia in 1974.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Very dirty match, Melo lucky not to get a red, also the handball was pretty poor form as well.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else take great delight in seeing Pepe nailed? Can't see the match ending with 22 players on the field though, seems a lot of bad blood between the two.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Seven yellow cards, incredible.

IMO the handball should have been a red card.
Lets hope the ref refrained on principle due to all the Portugese waving their imaginery cards at him.

Come on you Ivory Coast. And Brazil, of course.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I'm no fan of the Portugal play-acting, but if I was a Portugal fan I would feel pretty bloody cheated if a defender stuck his arm up (as last line of defence) and blocked the arial through ball.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm no fan of the Portugal play-acting, but if I was a Portugal fan I would feel pretty bloody cheated if a defender stuck his arm up (as last line of defence) and blocked the arial through ball.
Sure.

But for the rest of us, it's Portugal, it's Quiroz (sp?),it's Ronaldo and so we just enjoy the moment.