• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Great win for the windies, Gayle was awesome, and they bowled well apart from the extras.

India were crap.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The Harbhajan-Roach dismissal reminded me of this incident in my childhood,

When I was eight years old, we used to play cricket on the roads, This bloke had the highest score in those matches which was 54. Once another guy got to 53, and it happened that the 54 guy was bowling to him, he bowled seventeen wides and then yorked his middle stump while the batsman was distracted and expecting another wide. :laugh:

AaronK

State Regular

^ At Indian team's service! :goof:
both India and pakistan are almost out before semis.. and in 07 world cup they couldn't qualify to super 8..so i think the condition of West Indies doesn't suit them alot although they say that it is the same to subcontenent..

I say this year world cup is for Aus to take..

ret

International Debutant
I guess, in the next game Dhoni will have the same 11 to prove his point :p

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Stupid decision by India Fielding first on a good batting wicket, its all about runs on the board in twenty 20, its pressure chasing anything between 150 to 170 in twenty 20.
abysmal India :@

R_D

International Debutant
Jadeja .. doesn't he suck at playing short balls.. why is he in the crease.. as far as i know he was responsible for the lost against Aus.. he should have been dropped for Chawla..so add another match loss to india here with jadeja in the crease..

Roach.. cmon man..
You could say Jadeja lost this match as well... Those low full tosses really got the WI innings going..
India lost it in the first 6 overs of batting..... really dissappointing ... Non of these idiots know how to play on bouncy pitches against decent pace bowlers.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
As ****ty as India were against Aus, I agreed with their strategy of going after the short ball. It feels like they listened to the commentators in this match, went uber defensive with the new ball and lost wickets anyways without scoring runs. If you are aggressive against the short ball even if you don't get a hang of it, there is a chance that you may score runs. Going into you shell during power play just builds unnecessary pressure for later in the game.

Defensive cricket in T20 just does not work. SA lost against India in group stage doing exactly that, you'd think teams would have learned that by now.

ret

International Debutant
We need innovative coach like Sehwag's Shastriji to teach some of the guys how to work hard, improve their games and make them better against short pitched bowling.

Veeru said:
“Sharmaji laid great emphasis on my achieving the right balance while playing my shots, especially the transfer of weight from back to front. His methods of correcting my mistakes were very innovative. For instance, I used to drag my back leg while driving the ball. He tied a string to my leg, and stood behind the wickets while I was batting, holding the string. If I dragged my leg, he would hold the string tight, not letting me do so.”

tooextracool

International Coach
This prematch analysis on ESPN is pretty much as big a joke as the days of Charu and Mandira Bedi. And Danny Morrison really should be banned from being involved with any sort of analysis.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Welagedara in for Kulasekara. I am not confident of the move. In first place Welagedara deserved to play every match over Kulasekara. He may be short of match practice now. Hope he gets his yorkers correct. When he's firing yorkers round the wicket, he is a good bowler in this format. Otherwise will becannon fodder for Aussies, if he fails to get some swing.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This prematch analysis on ESPN is pretty much as big a joke as the days of Charu and Mandira Bedi. And Danny Morrison really should be banned from being involved with any sort of analysis.
Ravi Shastri trying to promote Ravindra Jadeja was even worse.

tooextracool

International Coach
Well this supposedly 'strong' Australian batting lineup being shown up here. Not surprising either because this is the first time they are facing a half decent bowling attack in this competition.