• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Flem274*

123/5
FF's NZ get some pace into this team. I don't care if he doesn't have any control either.

Butler
Mills
Franklin

:wacko:

Vettori should come in early, but he wont he doesn't want to ruin his average.
Thats a really dumb idea.

NZ won't beat SL - Their bowlers will eat us & spit us out & there batsmen will murder our 125-132 km bowlers
Their bowlers will pwn us, but their batting vs our bowling won't be too bad.
I guess Scaly was right.
Shuddup. Scaly is never, ever right when it comes to NZ. :p

He was right though, NZ are rubbish when it comes to playing in big games.

Oram better never play for NZ after this game, what a joke.
Lets drop possibly our best batting allrounder since Reid. Great idea, awesome.

Anyway, haven't been scorecard hunting, but it looks like one of those games we have once a series and usually against some Pakistan fast bowler. Sucks, and it needs to be eradicated, but it doesn't surprise me. No use crying over spilt milk for the Broken Bone Caps (how many injured?:wacko:), time to get on with the job.

And Butler isn't that slow, he's lost hardly any pace at all. He just breaks after two overs. Franklin is more 135-140kmh when on song though, but there's the problem right there.

I didn't see the batting, it sounds cringeworthy but blamng it all on Oram is ridiculous. Our bowlers were never going to defend 100 unless they had a blinder, and while Bond would help that remember he is a freak of nature. It would be a good idea to get him back in definitely, so we have an NZ all time great in the side.

Right,n ow I have a scorecard. I find it ironic that the calls for a fast bowler are coming when the slowest seamer on display, and the only one bar Oram that has always operated in the 125-132kmh range, was the best one from the team.

Also seen Redmond there. Heard he did good the other night, but still fails against good quicks.

Why is everyone complaing about Diamanti when he didn't play? Dumb, dumb selection, but he didn't even play. Besides, he is my bash up bag. Hands off.:p

The next question is, can we beat SL? I doubt it. The rest of the batsmen bar the two keepers aren't that great at the format unless its raining because then Guptill will score a century. Franklin is too expensive to be used solely as a bowler in the format, but we still have Vettori, Mills and Butler, the last of whom has shown good signs, even though he got whacked around last night.

But M&M will defeat our batting.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oram out for Taylor IMO who comes down with some terrible injury allowing Bond to slide back in the team. Problem solved.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Bond won't play in this T20 cup. It takes over two days to get to England and aclimatise for a start and the tournament will be over in about a week anyway.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sanga goes for 3 now. 14/2. O'Brien takes a fine catch standing up to Johnston.

Fair play Ireland, building pressure with accurate bowling.

EDIT: & fair play to Sanga. Didn't wait for the ump; knew he'd nicked it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great start Ireland! We're one Jayasuriya away from a chaseable total. If such a thing exists for us against this attack.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Johnston's seam position has been amazing, every ball.
As you're an Aussie (after a fasion :ph34r:), I'll pick on you: what was Johnston's Grade record like, do you know?

Bowling out now and laughable fielding from Rankin. Old school tall-seamer incompetence there. Fraser-esque.