• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Wright, Bopara, Pietersen and Shah are 4 players who if they bat 10-15 overs they are likely to get England to a very competitive total. Collingwood, Mascarenhas and Foster on the other hand, I would have little hope for, both in terms of actually batting 10-15 overs or scoring at a decent lick. However, all 7 of them are dodgy starters and need to play themselves in before they can start to play the big shots.
Collingwood is definately one of batsmen who can score from ball one. Wright is just hit & miss..

tooextracool

International Coach
I loved how the English bowlers came hard early. The short stuff was good aggressive cricket and the way certainly players coped with it was frankly embarassing. I didnt see England bat so I cant comment on that.

Some very exciting cricket being played.
It is interesting to see the tick on the speedometer when Broad, Anderson and Sidebottom are bowling at. Broad is clearly bowling a lot quicker than he has ever bowled at any other point in his career, hes consistently around 90mph and its not just the 'Anderson' type, its pretty clear from when batsmen face him that he is bowling at a very hostile pace. Sidebottom too has been bowling a lot quicker in this tournament than he did for all of this year. Didnt really expect to see the 3 of them bowling with such fire as they have. If they can keep it up, and with Flintoff returning, that could be quite a threatening attack for the Ashes.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, I'm still so excited. Can't wait to give a bit of grief to the Indian fans at work, they've been so smug all tournament!

kingkallis

International Coach
ENG somehow need to strenghten that batting line-up, but we also need 5 bowlers (especially the 3 seamers n Swann). So its a bit complicated.

Bopara
?
KP
Shah
Collingwood
?
Foster
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Sidebottom

?'s - I'm leaning towards retaining Dimi & dropping Wright for Morgan.
Bopara and Morgan? Who will fire then? I'd rather see KP opening with Bopara!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't shock me if Rashid came in for Dimi, with the windies dislike of spin.

Not the way I'd go, but I wouldn't be too upset if it happened.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wouldn't shock me if Rashid came in for Dimi, with the windies dislike of spin.

Not the way I'd go, but I wouldn't be too upset if it happened.
Think we'd probably lose more in the batting than we'd gain in the bowling; Adil's agricultural heaves against SA didn't exactly instill confidence for all his supposed batting ability.

So he'll likely play. :ph34r:

Just watching the highlights on Beeb 2. Hadn't realised that Dhoni had bowled Ishant out but left RP & Zaheer an over shy each.

Interesting captaincy given their respective ERs.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think we'd probably lose more in the batting than we'd gain in the bowling; Adil's agricultural heaves against SA didn't exactly instill confidence for all his supposed batting ability.
Adil's record seems to suggest he only has one gear. Averages 32 in FC cricket, 14 in List A but with a strike rate of 66 and 5.8 in T20.

duffer

So ****ing depressed right now. Proper wrist slasher that one. The top order looked terribly inadequate.

R_D

International Debutant
Congrats to England.. they played well enough to beat India... well done to them. They certainly played more attacking cricket.

Pretty depressing loss this one... batting order debacle and strange selections once again costing the match. Why not have P Ohja... when you know english batsman aren't the best players of spin. R Jadeja has shown so far unwillingness to attack no matter what the match situation is.... done it NZ, in warm up matches and in IPL. Doesn't seem to care whats best for team... i'd rather not lose my wicket cheaply.

Only positive from personal point of view... exam on Wednesday morning so can now have good sleep in before the exam.

duffer

Not trying to use it as a cop out but the team looks jaded as hell. Get these 4 ODI's in the Windies out of the way and enjoy their three month break before the Aussies hit town (If they deem it safe enough). They need some time off but it still doesn't excuse some of the pathetic decisions made this tournie.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Most pathertic display by India.......really deserve to be out of the tournament.

Get the donkeys ready!! :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Called it reg. Jadeja...

And yeah, Dhoni is a defensive captain.. He is a good captain (even though this tourney has been his worst) but he is ALWAYS a defensive captain.. Expect decisions like saving Yuvraj coz "we don't want him to play under pressure" often...

Hard to see India being number 1 with this kind of a captain at the helm. He is a good leader but he is terribly defensive tactically...

Raina was found out against quick short pitched stuff.. Obviously, with the kind of grip he has, he is always gonna have problems against that sort of bowling.. But confidence and form can overcome lots of defects and it was a shame he basically lost it all because the captain wanted to bat at 3...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Most pathertic display by India.......really deserve to be out of the tournament.

Get the donkeys ready!! :p
If I saw one donkey with Dhoni's name because of this loss, I would stop supporting India.

biased indian

International Coach
If I saw one donkey with Dhoni's name because of this loss, I would stop supporting India.
i will be for the first time happy if i see a donkey this time around ,,becuase his attitude has been like that during this tournament ..i had lost complete intreset in this tournamnet the day he paraded the team infront of the media to show the unity..FFS we have seen that done by political parties to show they have the numbers..what did he achive by doing the unity parade..the best place to show that was on the ground and they failed miserably there...

his attitude during th press confrence has beeen not upto the mark indian journalist are known to irritate you agreed but you dont go a level down..hopefully this lose will make him learn that we are still not the best in the world and a there is lot we can improve..

and the first thing is please please have a setteled batting order