• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
England generally seem to be third favourites behind France and Italy and equal with Germany. Presumably the odds will change when the full draw is known, especially if we have to play France.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By scoring against Croatia and taking a point from England, Scotland have vastly overachieved based on my pre-tournament expectations. Clarke absolutely has to go, but he won't. We've been dreadful under Clarke for a year.
Scotland are in this position where the quality of their players have improved quite a lot, but expectations are still rock-bottom, which really makes space for a crap manager to get away with it. I mentioned recently that Belgium's golden generation has been badly hamstrung by some poor managers, and I'm spotting a pattern.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Scotland are in this position where the quality of their players have improved quite a lot, but expectations are still rock-bottom, which really makes space for a crap manager to get away with it. I mentioned recently that Belgium's golden generation has been badly hamstrung by some poor managers, and I'm spotting a pattern.
Qualifying on penalties (in a game we were winning comfortably up until some dreadful late subs) for our first tournament in 23 years has given Clarke the freedom to oversee some absolutely shocking results since. We've won 1 out of 8 competitive games since qualifying, which was against the Faroes.

There's also an absolute loser mentality amongst our support and players that fosters a culture of making excuses and blaming bad luck instead of demanding that we do better.

Then throw in the total wee guy mentality over the rivalry with England. Getting them in the groups was the worst thing that could happen because all the focus was on that game. Yeah, we played well on the night and deserved our point, but it came at far too big a cost. I see the same **** as a Rangers fan from the diddy teams in Scotland who one week can bust a gut to get a point against us but then get thumped the following week.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think Uppercut said it in here, and I hadn't thought of it at the time but was quite happy to regurgitate the point to my brother last night - the reality of the result on Friday was that it was a much better result for England than it was Scotland. But as you say, there was too much focus on getting one over the auld enemy.

As an Englishman I am disappointed that we didn't put the Scots to the sword, but by virtue of the fact we won the group, it was of zero consequence to us

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think Uppercut said it in here, and I hadn't thought of it at the time but was quite happy to regurgitate the point to my brother last night - the reality of the result on Friday was that it was a much better result for England than it was Scotland. But as you say, there was too much focus on getting one over the auld enemy.

As an Englishman I am disappointed that we didn't put the Scots to the sword, but by virtue of the fact we won the group, it was of zero consequence to us
A point would have been an excellent result if Clarke hadn't made an absolute arse of the Czech game with his selection.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

LookI don't want to re-litigatethis, but the problem was coming into that last 10 minutes, a poor Jock side looked liked they could have won, that would have put a lot of pressure on us.

Yet hey, it didn't happen, but I would like, A) to be better in possession, our achilles heel forever, which I was hoping might be solved a little B) the attack look less lifeless.

Yet, we are still in, and we have plenty of scope to improve, and that's what many Championship winning sides do, but gawd we seriously need to.