• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha Furball's sourness towards the Scottish football team is great.

Just makes me want them to reach even deeper levels of hopelessness so that we get to see more of furball saying how crap they are.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez, we're right on our uppers for keepers now.

Henderson was surely our #2 goalie, so if Pickford gets a knock we're royally screwed.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, we're right on our uppers for keepers now.

Henderson was surely our #2 goalie, so if Pickford gets a knock we're royally screwed.
I don't really have an opinion on Johnstone but I feel like if he was as bad as Pickford I'd have noticed. Ramsdale is even worse than Pickford. You really don't want to end up with him in nets.

Everton fans insist Pickford has had a good past few months, so at least he's on form.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Seeing how the Last 16 works, it seems like a bad idea to win this group. Would have to play the second place team in the group of death. Second place would result in a tie against the second place team in the comparatively weak Group E. Seems kinda silly.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Seeing how the Last 16 works, it seems like a bad idea to win this group. Would have to play the second place team in the group of death. Second place would result in a tie against the second place team in the comparatively weak Group E. Seems kinda silly.
Who do we get in the quarters if finish second and beat the second place team from group E?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Who do we get in the quarters if finish second and beat the second place team from group E?
If we finish second it's the winner of group F (France/Portugal/Germany) in the quarter final so there's no avoiding them really. The semi in this half of the draw is probably Belgium or Italy if they win their groups.

If England win their group they'll have the second placed of France/Portugal/Germany in the second round, a quarter against the winner of group E (Spain, maybe Sweden) and a semi against either the Netherlands or the second placers in Italy and Belgium's groups.

The 3rd placed team in group F can end up in either half of the draw.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks gents. Am I right in thinking that beyond the last 16 we're better off winning our group?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thanks gents. Am I right in thinking that beyond the last 16 we're better off winning our group?
Thanks to the third placed teams ending up anywhere, the bracket becomes really hard to predict past the second round. So I don't think it makes any difference.

If there's one thing this format does it's absolutely minimising the importance of group games

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You have to play the top sides at some point anyway, I don't see the point in wanting to avoid them. England should beat Germany or Portugal on all honesty.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think we've beaten either side precisely once in tournaments since 66*, so history not with us.

*spotters' points if you can name it.