• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

ripper868

International Coach
Nah, best thing about Australia is the ability to cheer against it. Freedom etc. Salamuddin has good cause to dislike Australia, he lives in Lakemba. Much like everyone in England has good reason to hate England. They live in England.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah he could but why should he. Id much prefer living in a country I despise that employs me and support other nations I've never been too then actually moving from the country I despise that pays me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's a fair point.

I don't really begrudge people having animosity towards the joint, God knows there are times I think it's **** too. It's just it seems these days Sala only really pops on to post that kind of thing.

Anyway, to each their own and all that.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah me either. I generally think we arent that great after coming back from holidays. Then a riot or gun massacre breaks out and I realise things aren't that bad.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've lived in the Middle East for some years, and seen a large portion of it from Najran to Istanbul. The reason that much of it is a complete dump is that people put their ethnic, religious, and politcal ideologies before their fellow countrymen, and the country that they live in.
Most of it would be a complete dump if it was uninhabited - some of the people just make parts of it worse

social

Get the minnows out of the way and bring on the Socceroos

Will be pleasantly surprised if we manage more than a goal or 2 across all matches

Big chance is the first match as Chile are talented but have a leaky defence so things might get interesting if we score force and cause a bit of panic

Worst nightmare would be Spain needing to score plenty in the last match to qualify

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Can't see us getting out of the group but I'll be happy if we can jag a win and put some pressure on.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
God, Rio's awful.

I mean Ferdinand, not the city, btw. Talks like his clockwork hasn't been wound up properly.

Henry has by far the best grasp of English on the panel. It probably is the second language in Peckham and Wallsend, tbf.

Johnners

So Costa looks a little off the pace.

Though of course he wins a penalty as I type this....