• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vogue

International Vice-Captain
They're defending against a team of statues, though.

Good thing Bale & Ramsey have the skills to expose them because otherwise it would have been a grim night
But Wales are 3-0 up and England could only draw 1-1.. But hey what do I know lol

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disgraceful, sack the manager FA and all the players, send 'em home in disgrace, finishing below the leekists should be a traitorous offence by law.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Finishing below Wales is a disgrace.

However I'd fancy us over any of Group F. So it's not all bad.

Scaly piscine

Dunno why they ****ing bother with stoppage time. It's a ****ing joke. Goalkeeper takes the best part of a minute for every kick. Skrtel was injured for two minutes. ****ing ridiculous.

Blows the whistle exactly on 5 minutes after the defenders ****ed about as usual when there's 4 or 5 behind the ball.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England just got dumped into the bottom half of the draw where Germany, France and Italy all will end up

Meanwhile the top half has Spain and...Wales?

Edit: or what Pothas said, really he should post more and I less this tournament

Scaly piscine

I bet it's ****ing Portugal. Who'll do the exact same ****, 10 men behind the ball and Ronaldo teapotting up the pitch.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

Not actually the worst result considering likely opposition being from that group. It's the inability to break down 10 men behind the ball that inspires no confidence.

Edit: Didn't think about halves of the draw. Haven't entertained the thought of getting past the quarter final tbh.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
That was seriously painful to watch.

Problem with the format? Feels weird that a team can literally give up any pretensions at trying to win a game to sneak in a 3rd place qualification.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
That was seriously painful to watch.

Problem with the format? Feels weird that a team can literally give up any pretensions at trying to win a game to sneak in a 3rd place qualification.
That is basically the sport though

Most first legs of the Champions League knock-out ends up the same way (again incentivized by a contrived rule, but)