• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gillespie has a rant at English crowds

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Some comments look fairly light hearted to me.

But in saying that, he has a point in the way that the people who hurl abuse, are the same one you get annoyed when an autograph isn't signed.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SirBloody Idiot said:
Just quickly, Dizzy is partially aboriginal right? Were they shots at that?
I don't think so - probably the rumour that he was outside Trent Bridge on Thursday selling sprigs of 'Lucky Heather' and telling fortunes.

Craig

World Traveller
IIRC when Australia last toured South Africa Gillespie copped some stick from South African fans at the ODIs and used it as motivation to bowl faster and better (which he did) so as it has been said he is only having a cry because he is outo f the team and bowling like rubbish.

Beleg

International Regular
He ought to take it on the chin and move on. What fun is cricket without a bit of ribaldry here and there?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It is a bit unfortunate Dizzy seems to have taken it to heart quite so much. Obviously the best answer to terrace wits is always to perform on the pitch. Obviously tho it doesn't take a genius to see that he's in awful form with the ball just now.

As he's currently unable to answer thru cricketing deeds might I suggest a haircut & a shave? :D

Craig

World Traveller
No chancing of him shaving off the goatee Brumby, he can give away the mullett but he will never shave off the goatee.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Murali gets a great reception over here. What the hell are you on about?

God, I can feel a Sanz rant coming on in 5....4....3....
Only person that is ranting here is you. It has become so common now a days so no surprise. As for what I was on...have you ever heard "Throw, throw Throw the ball...." everytime murali comes into bowl. I am sure that's really great reception...

Now I wait for another justification from you. :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Only person that is ranting here is you. It has become so common now a days so no surprise. As for what I was on...have you ever heard "Throw, throw Throw the ball...." everytime murali comes into bowl. I am sure that's really great reception...

honestly, maybe i've missed it, but i've not heard that in england, certainly not at OT

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Is there a single Australian who hasn't had a moan about something in the press this summer? When we go down under, we're not even allowed to mention the fact that every first-class cricketer in the country is injured in case the fans/media/opposition slaughter us about it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Slow Love™ said:
Yeah, sorry about that mate, I'd had a fair few (that's how I managed to fill the cans right up to the brim). Kuiper didn't deserve that kind of behaviour - I thought many people around the world might have appreciated the sight of Symcox covered in pi$$ though.
dont apologize to me!

I expect nothing else from you guys anyway :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:

Don't start your pathetic crap again, Sanz, you troll. :p

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
I suggest he gets the Sydney Hill in order first. Bit of a ridiculous whinge, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was taken out of context.
Happened about 10 years ago when we knocked it down

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Not to mention the guys that used to throw tinnies full of urine at Adrian Kuiper and Pat Symcox..

That's one the thing the English can't be accused of.

Our bowlers nip off when they need the loo...