• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just started inviting teams, but realised we've got 9 potential players and only 8 slots. Also, let me know if you want your affiliate invited rather than your main as it'll be just one team per player.

8 team league, 2 rounds - it'll keep us going until November-ish. Wednesday matches.

HeathDavisSpeed

Leave me out if it saves someone missing out.
Are you sure? I wasn't sure about one of the other 9 players who doesn't post on here any more (and hasn't in a while). I'd rather 8 players who were talking about the games on here and making it a decent tournament, perhaps.

Starris

U19 12th Man
Are you sure? I wasn't sure about one of the other 9 players who doesn't post on here any more (and hasn't in a while). I'd rather 8 players who were talking about the games on here and making it a decent tournament, perhaps.
Invite them and if they let you down invite pm me in game closer to the time.

HeathDavisSpeed

The Igor Clubshub Trophy kicks off this week with the first round of fixtures:

Otago (NZT) vs. Brew Boys (n11) - Slow/Hot
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (Bobisback) vs. Inner Western Wombats (Morgieb) - Dry/Sunny
Rocket City Trash Pandas (DCYE) vs. The Dutch Ovens (SoC) - Uneven/Sunny
****atoos Cricket Club (Heef) vs. Ashgrove Astronauts (Jarquis) - Slow/Humid

Otago vs. Brew Boys might be the match of the round. Generally speaking, the other matches have pitched longer-standing teams against newer ones, so much will come down to the tactics employed by the veterans. How much squad rotation is one likely to see at this level, given the stakes.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The Igor Clubshub Trophy kicks off this week with the first round of fixtures:

Otago (NZT) vs. Brew Boys (n11) - Slow/Hot
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (Bobisback) vs. Inner Western Wombats (Morgieb) - Dry/Sunny
Rocket City Trash Pandas (DCYE) vs. The Dutch Ovens (SoC) - Uneven/Sunny
****atoos Cricket Club (Heef) vs. Ashgrove Astronauts (Jarquis) - Slow/Humid

Otago vs. Brew Boys might be the match of the round. Generally speaking, the other matches have pitched longer-standing teams against newer ones, so much will come down to the tactics employed by the veterans. How much squad rotation is one likely to see at this level, given the stakes.
I'm moving on a bunch of senior players so SPOILER I'm playing some mid-level players now

Son Of Coco

Invite them and if they let you down invite pm me in game closer to the time.
I thought your team name looked familiar. I just went and had a look and saw you rating really high for the youth team. I think we've probably competed on the transfer market/I have bought players off you.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah nah he's a gun pull, just envious tbh although I did pull this dude week 1 this season:

Screenshot 2023-08-16 113925.png

Only been training fielding, pulled as average tech and reas fielding, iirc

HeathDavisSpeed

First results are in:

Otago (202,691) 164ao (Thornton 4-34) vs. Brew Boys (246,113) 292 - 9 (Charlesworth 135, Veierbergen 4-56) - Brew Boys win by 128 runs
Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers (165,629) 83ao (Suksma 5-25) vs. Inner Western Wombats (239,461) 361-6 (Madavadi 110*) - Wombats win by 278 runs
Rocket City Trash Pandas (204,788) 261 - 8 (Hale 79) vs. The Dutch Ovens (180,396) 260-6 (Hossain 75) - Uneven/Sunny - RCTP win by 2 wickets
****atoos Cricket Club (213,580) 238 - 3 (Long 73*) vs. Ashgrove Astronauts (189,555) 176ao (Tomlinson 4-22) - ****atoos win by 62 runs

The match of the round turned out to undoubtedly be the Rocket City Trash Pandas vs. The Dutch Ovens. At 231-8 with only Jansen (OD avg 15.71), Phillip (7.67) and Freeborn (5.03) left to come, Jansen pulled it out of the bag with a cracking 44 off as many balls. With 2 overs remaining, 15 runs were still needed, but Jansen cracked consecutive boundaries off the last two balls of the penultimate over, bowled by Latulance (and assisted by a misfield from Neum) to make the final over a procession.

HeathDavisSpeed

I don't think you'll have much competition from the Cheesecake. My star bat gets promoted to seniors in a couple of weeks.

Starris

U19 12th Man
I don't think you'll have much competition from the Cheesecake. My star bat gets promoted to seniors in a couple of weeks.
I've lost to third and forth and you're beating them!

Good to have a tight end to the season... I'll be loosing players soon and missed a no brainer recruitment yesterday because of BG3 lol.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The match of the round turned out to undoubtedly be the Rocket City Trash Pandas vs. The Dutch Ovens. At 231-8 with only Jansen (OD avg 15.71), Phillip (7.67) and Freeborn (5.03) left to come, Jansen pulled it out of the bag with a cracking 44 off as many balls. With 2 overs remaining, 15 runs were still needed, but Jansen cracked consecutive boundaries off the last two balls of the penultimate over, bowled by Latulance (and assisted by a misfield from Neum) to make the final over a procession.
Sad I was too busy at work to watch along. Wild finish.