• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Is there a free to play option after the 14 day trial ends??? I just logged back in to see what happened in the week since I joined and I saw I lost my only match massively and the match orders I chose didn't save or they didn't play out at all. Like wtf

cnerd123

likes this
Is there a free to play option after the 14 day trial ends??? I just logged back in to see what happened in the week since I joined and I saw I lost my only match massively and the match orders I chose didn't save or they didn't play out at all. Like wtf
yea the game is free to play, you've got a 14 day trial for membership which is some extra perks.

match orders are much more dynamic in Stumped. It plays more like the new BT Match Engine, far less predictable than FTP.

ataraxia

International Coach
You have to set orders for each format – T20 orders can't carry over into OD orders. You were going to be thrashed anyway though; a bad draw first up.

Unfortunately you joined at season end, meaning you won't play any competitive matches this season apart from in the Cup. If you choose to continue, which I obvs highly recommend, could just make a new team, or weather it out, use it as an opportunity to train youngsters and play occasional friendlies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I signed up for Stumped then saw the tedious interface

View attachment 36371
Yeah the screenshots I see in here don't vibe with me. I won't stick with it so why bother really.

Good for lazy ****s like me. Battrick was alright but I felt like you really needed to be on to it a lot more and never really enjoyed it that much. TO be successful at FTP it's the same but if you're happy to languish in 3rd division like me then it's aight
I actually feel the opposite to this. FTP is much more work than BT just because you have to have a training plan for everyone, including the youth team, which always overwhelms me. I much prefer the BT system of limited training nets (though they have finally implemented team fielding and stamina which is a godsend) which allows you to hyper-focus. Other than the training the games are basically the same so it's really much of a muchness.

NZTailender

You have to set orders for each format – T20 orders can't carry over into OD orders. You were going to be thrashed anyway though; a bad draw first up.

Unfortunately you joined at season end, meaning you won't play any competitive matches this season apart from in the Cup. If you choose to continue, which I obvs highly recommend, could just make a new team, or weather it out, use it as an opportunity to train youngsters and play occasional friendlies.
Honestly I cbf. As a designer the UX is ****ing terrible. Too many barriers and too many options. If it were a standalone game like ICC I'd probably appreciate the detail as I could play at my leisure but to care about it on a daily or weekly format is just too much

NZTailender

Yeah the screenshots I see in here don't vibe with me. I won't stick with it so why bother really.

I actually feel the opposite to this. FTP is much more work than BT just because you have to have a training plan for everyone, including the youth team, which always overwhelms me. I much prefer the BT system of limited training nets (though they have finally implemented team fielding and stamina which is a godsend) which allows you to hyper-focus. Other than the training the games are basically the same so it's really much of a muchness.
I guess it's different styles. I find FTP easy because I just apply a set training regimen for the youth team which is fielding to reliable, then primary technique training until they become a senior and then it becomes more individual. Battrick I felt like if I wanted to train more than the core players I had to pay more attention and do more switching.

NZTailender

I guess it's different styles. I find FTP easy because I just apply a set training regimen for the youth team which is fielding to reliable, then primary technique training until they become a senior and then it becomes more individual. Battrick I felt like if I wanted to train more than the core players I had to pay more attention and do more switching.
This also probably why my team's suck ftr

Number 11

State 12th Man
Gunning for Div 1 in all 4 formats this season. Currently 3 / 4. I’m not a member but if anyone wants a friendly hit me up. Can tailor my side in both youth and seniors to ensure a competitive match against most sides.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this the way to do it?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This also probably why my team's suck ftr
ngl it is.

Pick between 1-3 trainees and stick with them until they're exquisite+ then do it again. Or you can be a market player and flip constantly.

This is why BT gets boring quicker though - you're only invested in a couple of players at a time and if you don't like spending your day on the market then you just game log and **** off.

NZTailender

Is this the way to do it?
I've gotten onto this recently and I've been promoted to youth league 2 for like the first time ever and I've got better youth players than I've ever had before. My academy is also higher than usual. But I find training in FTP pretty simple - train fielding which helps technique and then do primary/primary technique training until they hit 21. Then back to fielding and primaries before strength in their mid 20s.

I don't play the trade market much because I don't have the time.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've gotten onto this recently and I've been promoted to youth league 2 for like the first time ever and I've got better youth players than I've ever had before. My academy is also higher than usual. But I find training in FTP pretty simple - train fielding which helps technique and then do primary/primary technique training until they hit 21. Then back to fielding and primaries before strength in their mid 20s.

I don't play the trade market much because I don't have the time.
Just changed every one of my youth player’s training to fielding….