• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Game of the tournament?
Nah - Starris and I are in the same division for Youth and we're currently tied at the top on 36 points each as I recall. He's on top at the moment. I need 130 runs from 23 overs on a slow deck when my openers went on a go slow for the first 10.

Starris

U19 12th Man
Nah - Starris and I are in the same division for Youth and we're currently tied at the top on 36 points each as I recall. He's on top at the moment. I need 130 runs from 23 overs on a slow deck when my openers went on a go slow for the first 10.
You have wickets in hand and a manageable RRR... I'll be surprised if I pull it off. My missing keeper is one of my better batsmen.

Doesn't look like not having a keeper has cost me... yet!

Starris

U19 12th Man
You have wickets in hand and a manageable RRR... I'll be surprised if I pull it off. My missing keeper is one of my better batsmen.

Doesn't look like not having a keeper has cost me... yet!
Lol... actually I have a full strength side... the missing player is from TLN's... these guys are pretty green though.

Should have scored more... you have contained well!

Son Of Coco

How is the Kenya team on here theses days?
I have a batsman in their youth team, and they aren't going that great I don't think. The OD matches are on at the moment, and they are 4th in OD 2. Will probably stay up unless one of the teams below them springs a surprise. The last round is top 3 vs bottom 3.

I'm not sure about the senior team.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So with one round to go how is everyone faring?

SOD I'm a very very outside chance to promote to division 2 but don't want to tbh as just starting a cycle of new players and strategy for squad building. T20 I can't do better or worse than 4th. Youth I'm going to denote from 2.1. YT20 best I can do is second and the worst I can do is 3rd. After selling off 5 over 30 players and 5 gun youths all promoting near the start of the season, these results were to be expected.

Son Of Coco

With my main team we're going to be 5th in SOD unless we manage to beat one of the stronger teams in our last game. Senior T20 we're coming 7th and will demote, but I play my youth who aren't in the main YOD team. here to get them some experience,. In youth we're coming 3rd and poleaxed the team coming first the week before last, which was satisfying. They were beating teams rated more than them for most of the first half of the season (including one of the other teams who rated almost 20k more), and I thought they didn't deserve to be no.1, so it was nice to get one over them. Ultimately, they will probably still win, but anyway. YT20 we're coming first and will promote unless we manage to lose to a bot next week. We need more senior dollars to allow us to recruit youth next season, so missing out in both OD and T20 could hurt us.

Bobisback

International Regular
First season back into the game and I have promoted into Div 3 in SOD, other formats I am mid table but I did start partway into the season. Will be interesting to see how I manage up in Div 3 next season, would love to be able to stay up.
If you pay attention to the transfer market, and not get drunk and buy a bunch of 20k wage players like someone else here did, it's pretty easy to get a nice base team. I bought a bunch of 20-25yr old players and will work on just improving with them and see how that carries me.
Also started an affiliate and running with the same game plan. It's doing pretty good, won't promote into any Div 3, but will finish top half of the table in all leagues.
As for the friendly comp, it's been a nice spanking session so far, which is always nice. I doubt I can spring an upset, but the boys will be trying.
On a side note, my profile pic is wild. Younger me sure did have some nice artistic taste.

HeathDavisSpeed

First season back into the game and I have promoted into Div 3 in SOD, other formats I am mid table but I did start partway into the season. Will be interesting to see how I manage up in Div 3 next season, would love to be able to stay up.
If you pay attention to the transfer market, and not get drunk and buy a bunch of 20k wage players like someone else here did, it's pretty easy to get a nice base team. I bought a bunch of 20-25yr old players and will work on just improving with them and see how that carries me.
Also started an affiliate and running with the same game plan. It's doing pretty good, won't promote into any Div 3, but will finish top half of the table in all leagues.
As for the friendly comp, it's been a nice spanking session so far, which is always nice. I doubt I can spring an upset, but the boys will be trying.
On a side note, my profile pic is wild. Younger me sure did have some nice artistic taste.
Welcome back. 8 years since your last post is a decent stint to have had a chance in artistic taste over!

Son Of Coco

My last youth game of the season features all of my favourite bug bears about the game:

- my 4/5/6 accom/expert bats getting rissoled by a 16 year old for **** all.

- reducing them to 90-odd for 6, only for the run rate to then immediately accelerate to 6-7 an over with the tailender merrily hitting 4s. To be fair, he was in with a top order bat, but the ****er looked way too comfortable.

- taking a couple of late wickets to valiantly lose by 1 wicket when they were cruising along chasing down my mediocre 150 something total.

It had no effect on the ladder, so you know. I guess you have to admire a team that gives its incoming 16 year olds a supportive platform that allows them to dominate much more highly-rated and experienced opposition.

HeathDavisSpeed

I had a wonderful youth game that did make a difference to the overall result.

Had the oppo (7th in the division) down at 110-9 and their 10 & 11 decided to apply themselves and get through to 150 all out.

Then I collapsed in a heap down to 130-9 when my 10 and 11 calmly saw out the match; calmly scoring 20 runs in 13 balls.

I topped the table by 4 points from @Starris. Starris had a better NRR - so if I lose that match, he would have been promoted instead.

Starris

U19 12th Man
I had a wonderful youth game that did make a difference to the overall result.

Had the oppo (7th in the division) down at 110-9 and their 10 & 11 decided to apply themselves and get through to 150 all out.

Then I collapsed in a heap down to 130-9 when my 10 and 11 calmly saw out the match; calmly scoring 20 runs in 13 balls.

I topped the table by 4 points from @Starris. Starris had a better NRR - so if I lose that match, he would have been promoted instead.
Congratulations!

Well deserved... I lost some early games which cost me and I didn't really deserve it. My young team is just starting to come into its own... bit overrated with a bunch of ARs.

Will promote in the youth NZ T20 which is good.

Affiliate will top Bangladesh Youth T20 1.1 and 2nd in 1.1 Youth. Fortunate given the players I've lost throughout the season.

NZTailender

Lost my youth match which I needed to win to avoid relegation but tbh we probably need a spell in div 3 for a season or two.

Not promoting in anything else unless a miracle happens in SOD tomorrow

Jarquis

Top in Div 4 for both seniors. Bottom in Div 3 for both youth. Will be the reverse next season.

NZTailender

Screenshot_2023-09-15-14-33-15-339_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

The miracle didn't happen but tbh am pleased because we'd probably just demote from div 2 next season anyway.