• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Anyone still playing? Might be neat to get a friendly league going if we have enough.

In other news, threw the virtual cricket bat at the dressing room door after starting today first ahead on RR only to finish second because of run rate, as team that was second had a final round match against number 8 whereas I played number 4. Sigh.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do. Both my sides are Top 200 in the world, alas my affiliate's still in Div 3 as I switched countries not that long ago and there were a couple of other sides just as good in that division (I also let go quite a few of my better players in order to get more cash in, and now have a significant age problem coming up)

cnerd123

likes this
logged in today because I got a message that my membership (to a side I forgot I even had) had expired

Saw the sad news

RIP :(

Mike5181

International Captain
Cancer sucks man. FTP was great to me as well, so many hours of entertainment just from following my matches and stuff. I think I stuck with it for a good 6-7 years or something crazy.

RIP Ashario.

morgieb

When you consider he had a young family too....I don't know what to say. Just horrible news all round.

cnerd123

likes this
Some interesting changes in the pipeline for the new season that starts end of this month, if anyone is interested in returning to the game.

I've somehow hung on to my spot in Div 3 of all formats despite having a young, inexperienced squad and doing jack all. Working on a bit of a long-term development plan now. Loads of cash in reserve, like 6 million, so gonna invest in my academies and try to work the home-grown approach for a bit. See where that takes me.

Robot Koalas CC if anyone is interested in a friendly.

morgieb

Yeah I ran out of money trying to effectively run a good Senior and Youth team, so am basically going for the full farm approach for my affiliate while ignoring Youth progression for my Main.

My sides = Inner Western Wombats/Southern Squirrels.

Mike5181

International Captain
I just got bored of developing all of these great players and then getting ****ed when they are all taken away for internationals.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am currently 2nd in Youth 1.1 - behind by 2 points. My team has its highest rating ever, but the chances of beating the guy on top are slim to none. I did have him 8 down with 50-odd runs to get in our 2nd match this season, only for my bowlers to forget how to bowl and he stormed home with about 3 overs to spare, hitting me everywhere in the process. If I can manage to win the last 4 games, and he slips up somewhere, I'd get there, but it's unlikely. The one thing I have going for me is I won't lose any players until the last round, and even then I only lose 1 bat. There are a few teams that are quite settled though as well, so who knows what will happen. After selling off most of my senior team and replacing them with Youth to solve financial issues, I now have a middling team that will easily win the Div. 4 league this season. I have some decisions to make with regards to how long I let players stay in Seniors before selling them off. The guy I am trying to get ahead of in Youth is fairly cashed up as he doesn't run a competitive Senior team and makes a lot of money selling off his Youth players once they reach 21. We, on the other hand, run on the smell of a dirty bed sheet as our wages are significantly higher than his for Seniors.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have snuck through to first in Youth 1.1 - went up by 2 points last week, and then extended that to 4 today when 2 + 3 tied. If I can win next week, I am 'dormie' with one game to go, assuming the team in 2nd wins, which they should. The last time I was in this position it was completely inexplicable as my team was quite a bit weaker than many of the others in the league, yet we worked ourselves into a position where we were two wins up with two to go, only to lose the last two and come second on NRR. I have a far better team this season, so we won't get many better chances than this.

cnerd123

likes this
interesting you'd create a new account over here to announce that, rather than just signing up for FTP.

Play Stumped instead.