• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Tom Flint

International Regular
Sorry, I don't really know what I was on about there.
But I think I wanted to know if pepper will be playing in Essex next game as he is in my fantasy team. But Essex aren't even in this round of fixtures so he is surplus anyway. And who knows why I mentioned Foakes

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be unusual if Durham were playing two spinners (Parkinson & Kuhnemann) in April and May
Yeah, but you can't think he's gone to Durham for two weeks without some guarantee, but hey stranger things have happened.

Edit, Kuhnemann is injured apparently.

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Thanks for the info - did not know that.
On the wider issue, I do not like the recent plethora of short term loan deals. Cricket is meant to be a team or squad game. I would prefer a county to rely on their own resources and second xi rather than reach for a ready made replacement from another team.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Parkinson is with us for two weeks while Kuhnemann recovers from a stiff back that he picked during the game against Glamorgan.

Starfighter

It was so predictable that he would be second fiddle once Lancs found an economical finger spinner who could bat (Hartley).

That said England's future spin plans seem to be Rehan Ahmed or nothing (probably because he can bat).

Aidan11

Matthew Kuhnemann has flown back to Australia with what is believed to be a stress fracture so Durham probably won't be seeing much of him this season. Not sure how that would work with a possible extension of the Parkinson loan or whether someone else is brought in.

Other bad news for Durham today. Tristan Stubbs is rumoured to have been picked for South Africa 'A' and would therefore be unavailable for the Blast.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Parkinson is with us for two weeks while Kuhnemann recovers from a stiff back that he picked during the game against Glamorgan.
Is that because two weeks is the minimum?

Lancs don't play this week, Durham don't play next week and as it's a two week loan he can't play for Lancs next week - or can they recall him?

It's really one game dressed up as two weeks. Or play one, miss one.

I suspect this "This is a great opportunity for him to get some more overs under his belt in a more competitive environment. We are looking forward to seeing how he performs and to welcoming him back into the squad." is just management speak.

They'd rather play Hartley prior to the T20. Despite Hartley not be a wicket taking bowler at this time of year (proove me wrong) and they needed something different on Day 4 at Taunton. They've probably decided that something different is not Parkinson.

They'll have Parkinson back for the One Day Cup (it's interesting to note that he was dropped by his franchise) and maybe play two spinners at the end of the summer.

Suggest he needs to move on. It's an unforgiving sport.

Aidan11

Is that because two weeks is the minimum?

Lancs don't play this week, Durham don't play next week and as it's a two week loan he can't play for Lancs next week - or can they recall him?

It's really one game dressed up as two weeks. Or play one, miss one.

I suspect this "This is a great opportunity for him to get some more overs under his belt in a more competitive environment. We are looking forward to seeing how he performs and to welcoming him back into the squad." is just management speak.

They'd rather play Hartley prior to the T20. Despite Hartley not be a wicket taking bowler at this time of year (proove me wrong) and they needed something different on Day 4 at Taunton. They've probably decided that something different is not Parkinson.

They'll have Parkinson back for the One Day Cup (it's interesting to note that he was dropped by his franchise) and maybe play two spinners at the end of the summer.

Suggest he needs to move on. It's an unforgiving sport.
I think I did read somewhere two weeks is the minimum. We might need him longer now as I've just been informed Kuhnemann won't be returning this season.

DoC Marcus North is already looking for a replacement. I know he's been in touch with Mickey Arthur about Pakistan players but I think that's more to do with a replacement batter for Stubbs in the Blast.

social

I think I did read somewhere two weeks is the minimum. We might need him longer now as I've just been informed Kuhnemann won't be returning this season.

DoC Marcus North is already looking for a replacement. I know he's been in touch with Mickey Arthur about Pakistan players but I think that's more to do with a replacement batter for Stubbs in the Blast.
Kuhnemann diagnosed with stress fractures

North inquired about some Saffer but he was needed for an A tour

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Rehan ahmed is genuinely such an exciting prospect. I was hyped for cam green when he started coming through as an Aussie but I'm honestly more hyped for rehan. Something so exciting about an 18 yo leg spinning allrounder who turns it a mile and smashes the ball everywhere while batting. Feels like he was tailor made in a lab for bazball.

Aidan11

Brydon Carse gets his maiden FC century. Beating his previous best of 91 which he scored in the previous game.