• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Is that because two weeks is the minimum?

Lancs don't play this week, Durham don't play next week and as it's a two week loan he can't play for Lancs next week - or can they recall him?

It's really one game dressed up as two weeks. Or play one, miss one.

I suspect this "This is a great opportunity for him to get some more overs under his belt in a more competitive environment. We are looking forward to seeing how he performs and to welcoming him back into the squad." is just management speak.

They'd rather play Hartley prior to the T20. Despite Hartley not be a wicket taking bowler at this time of year (proove me wrong) and they needed something different on Day 4 at Taunton. They've probably decided that something different is not Parkinson.

They'll have Parkinson back for the One Day Cup (it's interesting to note that he was dropped by his franchise) and maybe play two spinners at the end of the summer.

Suggest he needs to move on. It's an unforgiving sport.
His 4* from 2 is likely to be his only contribution at this rate.

Derbyshire trail by 366 with 8 wickets down in the first innings and obviously not had a bowl yet.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Derbyshire having a shocker.

Currently 86/8 which is 366 behind on 1st innings.

Edit- beaten to it.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
And now Derbyshire 21/2 following on.

Fair to say that Billy Godleman wasn't the greatest fantasy team pick this week. Oh well.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
It seems to have backfired on Lancs, if they genuinely wanted him to get more overs in a more competitive environment.

But he took a wicket, maybe I should start to follow Durham. Afterall they already have claimed Stokes, Clark, Trevaskis, McAlindon, Winskill, Ghumman etc. (and good luck to them).

Tom Flint

International Regular
Compton digging his heels in. We keep chipping away at the other end but would be delighted to knock them over with the lead less than 100.

Aidan11

After Derbyshire's collapse yesterday they go through the morning session without losing a wicket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Roach doing his thing against Warwickshire again today. iirc his best performance last season was at home to the same opponents. And a more than decent knock from young Jamie Smith set it all up. Given how close the match looked at one stage yesterday afternoon, I'll take this. Ditto finding enough time despite the weather to beat two of the better teams in the division in our last two matches.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nice easy win for Durham in the end. Looking very good already to go up this season.
What's your take on Ollie Robinson? I reckon he may be England's next keeper after Foakes/Bairstow if his keeping is as good as his batting.

Aidan11

What's your take on Ollie Robinson? I reckon he may be England's next keeper after Foakes/Bairstow if his keeping is as good as his batting.
He certainly isn't far behind those two. He should play at least one Test if only for the funny side of having two Ollie Robinsons in the same team. :laugh:

He's been a great signing so far for Durham.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James Rew maybe in with a shot too, he said parochially. Liked by the ECB, Jordan Cox ( who is the reason Ollie Robinson is probably at Durham)did 'keep ahead of him for the Lions though.

It's a crowded field.

Aidan11

Despite the fact Durham won in 2.5 days they get a point deducted for slow over rates.

Crazy.

Reactions: FBU

Aidan11

maybe Parkinson should have bowled more, had plenty of time to bowl Derby out
Maybe but he was bowling a lot of pies. When Derbyshire went the whole morning session without losing a wicket there was a bit of concern so we put the quicks on after lunch.

Also it appears the umpires didn't take into account the fact that one of the batters wanted the sightscreen moving and it wouldn't budge so a tractor had to come round and shift it. That took about five minutes.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Maybe but he was bowling a lot of pies. When Derbyshire went the whole morning session without losing a wicket there was a bit of concern so we put the quicks on after lunch.

Also it appears the umpires didn't take into account the fact that one of the batters wanted the sightscreen moving and it wouldn't budge so a tractor had to come round and shift it. That took about five minutes.
I would be surprised if they missed something as obvious as that.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So weird that erly year bank holidays have no cricket on, been that way for a few years nowe, seems counter-productive. the Women have at least had sense to put some on, if I lived nearby I might have gone.